fear and loathing in las vegas

philski

smoke weed everyday
VIP Junglist
never read the book but would love to, film is class, if you have ever taken trips before you can relate to the whole film.

MARLZTAH

++DuB PrOFesSoR++
VIP Junglist
is it just me or is johnny depp a fu#king HEAVY actor.... its like he has a completely different personality in every film he is in.... other actors can play completely opposite roles and still seem like they are playing same person

Last edited:

The_Jungledon

www.FreelanceJunglist.com
VIP Junglist
saw some dude dressed like johnny deps character 'hunter' at a rave years ago, was doing the whole shady walk, long cig holder and all that, looked good and made me look 5 times. lol
Good film.

Evil Empire

So Cal Selecta
VIP Junglist
Thats a hilarious flic, kinda on the twisted side as well....if u really want to watch a mind fuck kinda of flic u should check out "momento". :mkay:

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Depp paid for Hunter's send off. Hunter committed suicide and his last wish was for his ashes to be fired from a cannon.

Hunter loved Depp's depiction of him in the film.

That said, Hunter was massive, built like a bulldozer, totally opposite to Depp's waif look.

Ah and remember kiddies, that the book and film were fiction, Hunter said that its events never happened, only 'could have'.

Have a read of the Hells Angels reportage, its available on the net.

Oh and Hunter was a major fan of speed. A nasty drug in my opinion but it certainly fueled his style.

Logikz reminds me of Hunter...

philski

smoke weed everyday
VIP Junglist
Depp paid for Hunter's send off. Hunter committed suicide and his last wish was for his ashes to be fired from a cannon.

Hunter loved Depp's depiction of him in the film.

That said, Hunter was massive, built like a bulldozer, totally opposite to Depp's waif look.

Ah and remember kiddies, that the book and film were fiction, Hunter said that its events never happened, only 'could have'.

Have a read of the Hells Angels reportage, its available on the net.

Oh and Hunter was a major fan of speed. A nasty drug in my opinion but it certainly fueled his style.

Logikz reminds me of Hunter...
youve done your homework i see

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
film is class!
but aint gonna read the book cos i dont like readin!lol
You're missing out on a world.

Specifically Hunter's world.

Fine a copy of Hell's Angels on the net and read it.

It will change your approach to reading.

AND you will have literary pretensions = more money and hos.

safety

double safety
VIP Junglist
dr gonzo in the film is based on a guy hunter knew called oscar zeta acosta, he's written a couple of brilliant books as well, they're both auto-biographical but he writes in a similar chemical fueled style to hunter, i highly recomend anyone reooks by either of these guys

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
There's a documentary called Breakfast With Hunter, which shows the short end of Hunter S Thompson's life, the making of Fear And Loathing and lots of other goodies. Interesting watch.

I was just really happy they finally decided to go with Terry Gilliam to direct the film, his style really shows and compliment Hunter's ramblings well.

Hunter himself actually makes a cameo in the film, the bit where Depp's character is dreaming about taking acid in the club toilets with Flea, he sees himself as an old man dressed identically, sitting at a table. The old man is Hunter, adding a ironic twist in the fact that the character in the film really is seeing his real self. That's acid for ya.