Favourite times to mix?

herojuana

hairy kuala
VIP Junglist
I just had a mix this morning, and normally I don't get to do it this early in the day but had a real good time of it.

Anyway, does anyone have a preferred time of day for mixing?

soon as i get home with a fresh bit of vinyl that was delivered to work that day.

also 3am

no lights... whether is just gone 7pm and the sun is down... or i get back from a night out at like 5 in the morning and the suns not up are good for me... also i find a hangover mix always very good... but ive come to think that the analytical part of me is down which allows for creativeness to flourish... or any time of intoxication

I do have random impulses at like 3-5am when i cant sleep but as soon as i turn the sound up i start gettin para the neighbours can hear.

Friday afternoons, I finish at 1 so I got hours til I go out. Otherwise, just after dinner, bopping around helps the food go down

Never at the moment. I have no money so I can't buy any new tunes. I'm fed up with mixing the same shit.
I need more minimal and liquidesque tunes as well. I'm bored of all the tear out stuff atm.

Never at the moment. I have no money so I can't buy any new tunes. I'm fed up with mixing the same shit.
I need more minimal and liquidesque tunes as well. I'm bored of all the tear out stuff atm.

Went through this myself. Bought a few new releases and feeling a lot better about mixing.

Hero - i'm definitely better at mixing first thing in the morning. Don't know what it is tbh. whether its just I feel awake first thing or my mind is more switched on I just get more ideas quicker.

I have been getting progressively worse throughout the day haha. Maybe my body is just trying to get me used to early morning mixing so I can do graveyard sets flawlessly? :teeth:

hear hear. too much good music across tempos and genres... not enough money. play what you like, not what mixes well with other tunes, with all the lights off late at night. vibes every time

My favourite times to mix are usually the few days leading up to when I have a gig.

Infact, that is the only time I ever get to mix.

comedown mixes are amazing, with a few biftas

you ever mixed whilst your on it? I have seen a few DJs mix while they are blatantly gurning, looks well fun.

Also, shrooms+mixing I would imagine to be amazing, seeing as music is wicked on shrooms anyway, blending music together yourself would just be nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

anyone done this?

Back
Top Bottom