Favourite times to mix?

I hate mixing when having a session for some reason.

Love sat and sunday morning mixes the most by far.

Whenever the mood grabs me.

Usually i have about a 30 min period where im getting into it, but usually at my peak around 9-10pm.

If ive just come in from a rave any time between 7am and 7pm is appropriate for a vinyl rinse out.

Saturday morning after a wake'n'bake. I usually find myself messing around with a lot of liquidy/minimal stuff, really getting into the more soulful vibes. I tend to "feel" the music more it seems.

you ever mixed whilst your on it? I have seen a few DJs mix while they are blatantly gurning, looks well fun.

Also, shrooms+mixing I would imagine to be amazing, seeing as music is wicked on shrooms anyway, blending music together yourself would just be nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

anyone done this?

Dropped lucy and mixed before, it's an intense experience, the vinyl feels well weird and do occasionally miss double drops or the song stops because your tripping too hard and too fascinated on other things but other than that its alot of fun, whole time I was mixing though the fact kept on playing on my mind that this music was coming from a bit of plastic spinning round and I was finding it hard to understand how it was working haha

Dropped lucy and mixed before, it's an intense experience, the vinyl feels well weird and do occasionally miss double drops or the song stops because your tripping too hard and too fascinated on other things but other than that its alot of fun, whole time I was mixing though the fact kept on playing on my mind that this music was coming from a bit of plastic spinning round and I was finding it hard to understand how it was working haha

I did that it was amazing. Hard to keep up like a beefy set and double drop etc as you say but if you play a more relaxed set its some whole other level. I was hearing the music without even thinking what was coming next and my brain was matching each section and beat in the song to different spirals of colours in the air and i was almost subconsciously listening while seeing the music it was just like glueing the colours together the whole ambience of the set just made so much sense . Bet it sounded shit tho! Will record it next time ha.

Mid afternoon on a Saturday while enjoying my first few drinks of the day.

I hate mixing on blow. I bad mix will make me crash hard and ruin my time.

F*, I wanna try this so bad now.

I like to mix when I am full of positive energy. Mixing becomes easier and I drop tunes every 1-2 minutes its so GOOD :)

I'm also getting in on this early morning thing! I feel like I've achieved something even if I don't do anything else useful all day! Getting a sunrise alarm clock has helped me leave enough time before I go to work because obviously getting up in the dark is fucking terrible and should be banned.

just after the cocaines arrived

TX9MD.gif

Back
Top Bottom