Favourite sample pack?

co0ke

windowlicker
VIP Junglist
I'm gonna invest, to build up my drum sample collection.

Which pack do you think has the best hits?

depends on what type of dnb you're gonna make.

For example
Jumpup & Tek - Loopmasters Drumsound and bassline smith
Liquid - Loopmasters nu-tone or david carbone dnb masterclass

These are what i would recommend mate

yep I agree with Freek, depends on what style you make and what you want out of them.

I think everyone loves the Vengeance stuff because the hits/Fx are so damn good.

the Nutone is pretty good so to is the mistabishi one for breakbeats etc.

Most of the Loopmasters artists series stuff is pretty tasty. There is always some really good stuff on there be it a few breaks or chunky bass etc.

hope that helps.

dauntless

yep I agree with Freek, depends on what style you make and what you want out of them.

I think everyone loves the Vengeance stuff because the hits/Fx are so damn good.

the Nutone is pretty good so to is the mistabishi one for breakbeats etc.

Most of the Loopmasters artists series stuff is pretty tasty. There is always some really good stuff on there be it a few breaks or chunky bass etc.

hope that helps.

dauntless

I agree, Vengeance effects vol 1 is the bollocks, along with Vengeance Essential clubsounds (for kicks etc) alot of sample packs contain some great stuff, but also alot of shite, really take your time choosing unless u've got money to burn.

I while ago i bought the full cycle sample pack, it was the worst decision ever !! WOUNDED....

Sinse then i dont really buy sample packs anymore, but i do think they are an essential part of learning to produce, ive only been in the game for a year and tend to steer clear of them now, i still buy sound fx packs though always come in handy.

My best buys were:

Danny Byrd's pack,

Bassline Smith's pack,

Both really good.

Last edited:
i swear by the vengeance packs and the bassline smith pack is wicked.

can't recommend either highly enough.

I use a lot of samples from the computer music free cds. a lot of them are not drum and bass orientated but i quite like that as you can get some different and obscure sounds from them that sound good.

Apart from snares and kicks of course. Although they did a drum and bass special about 2 months ago that had some badboy drum and bass drum samples.

Yeah, VENGEANCE Essential Clubsounds is a must.

Just trying to buy this at the moment, but it says that i cant use a free e mail adress such as hotmail. How fucking shit is that?

Where else can i download (Buy) this from without this kind of restricting bolloks lol

Really want this sample pack

steer clear of the many hip hop sample packs out there.... most of them are absolute shite, just a bunch of random crappy drum sounds thrown together, maybe some eq and reverb on top (which is not something you want anyway), you may find the odd usable sound but you will be mostly dissapointed

Royalty free?

cant comment on the hypersaw pack... but the breaks packs are all breaks sampled from old records.... so no.... damn fine packs though, ok its not really in the spirit of crate digging but certainly speeds up the creative process

nu tone is probly my favourite althoug the reason sound bank has some really nice drums i use it quite often

Back
Top Bottom