Favourite Plugins

I dunno, the usual I guess. Really liking ableton's built in plugins atm...

Well camelphat is probably the boss of those, i also like spl twintube and use fabfilter saturn rarely. Tbh i don't really notice alot of difference between most distortion plugins so generally only use those 3.

Guitar Rig looks popular. You will get a whole host of Amps and Stomp box effects to use in there. I know for guitar there are a few cool options you could look at. Waves Guitar Rig, Line 6 Pod Farm, IK Amplitube and I am sure others. I use Pod Farm for my guitar, and it is all over my tunes in ableton as well now, if I could just find my codes to get all my stomps again since a computer change I would be in heaven. Everything from your bog stadard Tube Screamer models, through to De-Essers, Comp, Reverbs, Delays.

All of them are upto a pretty high standard these days on re creating the sounds. My guitar sounds real good through it!!!

Absynth; best subtractive, sampler, granulizer, wavetable, FM, RM, distortion, delay, effect, unit on the market.

yes to camelphat. saw an audio tut and he used it. if you initialise it it ensure everything stays below 0. very clever. also, vintage warmer is amazing if youve not got it

The Oxford Limiter and Inflator are pretty nice. You can smack the fuck outta the limiter too and it smooths the peaks very well.

Also been kaining Sonimus Satson, the filter is so fucking smooth, use it on every channel now - Free with CMusic too.

Waves Center is rude too! For all your stereo bizness.

Dunno how I forgot this one but if you don't buy anything else, FFS get Audio Damage EOS - Sickest and easiest verb to use! Altiverb is silly good but EOS is so basic but soo powerful!

Shaack Transient Shaper
Sausage Fattener
Fab Filter Pro C, L and Q
Ozone 4

all the after market stuff I use FX wise really, Studio One has great stock plugins:)

Sausage fattener is only useful imo if you're using it slightly, otherwise it sounds like crap

Loved Sausage Fattner when i first got it but a combo of the Soundgoodizer and Camelphat can achieve a much better result. Kinda feel mugged off by the cool lil face it makes now :( lol

I can't live without a few of these :

Camelphat
Ohmboys Delay
PSP Vintage warmer
Sonalksis TBK3 (its like a Transient Designer, the bitcrush that comes with it is nice too)
FabFilter Saturn
Waves Platinum Bundle
Fm8
Massive.....:/
Sylenth
Edioral Orchestral
Hypersonic
Gladiator

Those last couple I hardly use now due to inconvenience. If I have space in the project I will just make a noise and resample so I can delete the plugin as they are CPU whores!

Is it tho? The first 50% of the Fatten knob just makes it louder :/ The colour is the same really.. Not worth it imo

To add a bit of saturation/warmth and compression, with low/almost no cpu overhead ? Yeah, I like it, probably got the most bang for the buck out of it when compared to much more expensive plugins. Each to their own though, would be a dull world if we all thought the same :)

Back
Top Bottom