Favourite Labels

thomfletcher

VIP Junglist
Erm... just wondering which labels people like really. Im a huge fan of metalheadz, quarantine (killer lp), bassbin and critical (another wicked lp) but i think all labels have there moment when they release a gem. So yeah... what are your faverite labels???

Metalheadz are the label that still deliver consistant top of the range drum n bass..no argument. This year they delivered the two best albums by far and have the best of the best clamering to get on it....From Pulp Fiction to Be True

I have really liked the direction the DSB seem to be going with there last couple of releases...Shy's gone all intelligent. lol. And yeah, Jay...Lifted is sick!

All time fave was Protoype...no label, not even Headz, could touch them 8 ish years ago. I mean they bought Bad Company to the world!..the best period in dnb history. I feel sorry for anyone who wasnt out in the clubs around that period when The Nine and Alien Girl were first getting dropped, you severly missed out....................im gonna go cry now...free GROOVE!!! what other label could claim to release that many amazing tunes in only a few years....

That was the era of gold...trust...Hardware and Prorotype around 99 ..wow!

Last edited:
this is fucking weird. i was only thinking of starting a thread like this today, and you beat me to it.

so fuck you and your thread!

i'm really feeling what concord dawn have been putting out on uprising recently. can't wait for state of minds new self titled label to drop. moving fusions label drum culture is looking good as well. and the classic subtitles label does it for me nearly every time. i agree with jay about lifted, it's gonna be the label to watch over the next couple of years. and god bless moving shadow*

Ram, Hospital, CIA, SOUL:R & its offspring, and finally all of the Playaz camp lables (Frontline, Liqweed, Ganja-Tek). Also some newer lables such as NAM Musik are gonna be big in 2008.:jackson:

Lifted, Renegade Hardware, Reapa, Dark Asylum, Barcode many many others too

93-96 Reinforced
95-99 Metalheadz
97-01 Virus/Metro
93-01 V Recordings
94-00 Full Cycle
95-00 Ram Records
96-00 True Playaz
94-01 Prototype
01--- Bassbin
00-02 Function
----- Planet Mu
93-01 Moving Shadow
96-08 Emotif/No-U Turn/Nu Black
96-00 Dread
------ Skull Disco
92-96 Dee Jay/Lucky Spin

Apart from these, I tend to pick and choose depending on the tunes/artist. Mostly now I buy stuff from smaller labels, as I think that most of the bigger labels (Ram, Full Cycle e.t.c) have lost their way somewhat.

Creative Source
Soul:R / Signature
Exit / Exit VS (amazing art as well)
Commercial Suicide
Shogun / Shogun LTD
Quarantine
Subtitles (hopefully the bring back the serios artwork)
Metalheadz (of course)
Renegade Hardware (of course)

I have been really enjoyin some of the new labels too like:

Horizons / Progress
Citrus / Fokuz / Celcius
Lucky Devil
Integral
Revolution (the split singles have been real great)

I'm sure there is more worth noting

Back
Top Bottom