Favourite Famous Quotes ...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, Dec 20, 2009.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

by anyone, that the majority of people would of / should of heard of .. even djs, producers, philosophers, leaders.. blah blah ..

"Music does bring people together. It allows us to experience the same emotions. People everywhere are the same in heart and spirit. No matter what language we speak, what color we are, the form of our politics or the expression of our love and our faith, music proves: We are the same." - John Denver

Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.
    Larry Wilde.

"All our knowledge merely helps us to die a more painful death than animals that know nothing." - Maurice Maeterlinck

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain

I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are details. - Albert Einstein

A civilization which leaves so large a number of its participants unsatisfied and drives them into revolt neither has nor deserves the prospect of a lasting existence. - Sigmund Freud

America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success. - Sigmund Freud

Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise. -Sigmund Freud

Civilization is a process in the service of Eros, whose purpose is to combine single human individuals, and after that families, then races, peoples and nations, into one great unity, the unity of mankind. Why this has to happen, we do not know; the work of Eros is precisely this. - Sigmund Freud

Children are completely egoistic; they feel their needs intensely and strive ruthlessly to satisfy them. - Sigmund Freud

Nature is the art of God. - Dante Alighieri

and my own ..

The beauty of a women is gods art, lust is the devils thorn. - Ethix the shrimp .

i found these searching, ones ive seen before and liked.. ect.. i got a few books of famous quotes, cant be bothered to go thru.. but there always compelling to read..

2. EWOKS

the thorn of eros pains mankind ..

making up quotes are fun .

"one cannot understand , but merely make themselves more comfortable with knowledge." - SHRIMP DADDY KANE

3. Lily Allen

Lily Allen I've been naughty, I'm banned

:word:

4. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

"Time is relative, and one doesn't have to be a scientist to experience this.
    Sit on a hot stove, and every second feels like an eternity, but lay next to a beautiful woman and time seems to stop." - Albert Einstein

"nobody likes a cunt"

Bessie Braddock: "Sir, you are drunk."
    Churchill: "And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."

"A good fish never blames his tank"

"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." - Socrates

"While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die." - Leonardo da Vinci

"The function of muscle is to pull and not to push, except in the case of the genitals and the tongue." - Leonardo da Vinci

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." - Buddha

"any real ravers are just twats in baggy trousers!" - NME Magazine

"All I really need is a big bag of weed" - Eksman

"The most I've smoked in a day was over an ounce, in Germany. After a while, you can't get any higher. It's like your head is in a wind tunnel - everything is vibrating." - Method Man

5. mansell

mansell husk basically*

a few of my faves...

''Don't ever regret something that once made you smile''.

"It's the scars you can't see that are the hardest to heal."

"I live for the nights I can't remember with the people I'll never forget."

"A good-bye is never painful unless you're never going to say hello again."

"Hardships make us strong. Problems give birth to wisdom. Sorrows cultivate compassion. Those who have suffered the most will become the happiest."

"Strength is measured not by holding on but by letting go."

6. EWOKS

brilliant, bet he looked so fuckin monged.. i went to the dam for my 21st.. we walked about smioking spliff after spliff for about 18 hours.. up all day and night, ended up sat on the step .. my mate jamming bout a quater in this huge biff, all cianing it then wrapping more and more.. alot went to waste of course.. but we were fuckin so wreked.. could hardly see.. eyes like fly agarics

7. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

er

8. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

lol i smoked my self silly in amsterdam too.
    i went with a "non-smoker" he wudnt even try it!

9. gcurt1s

gcurt1s Buried Audio

"You see, no one's going to help you Bubby, because there isn't anybody out there to do it. No one. We're all just complicated arrangements of atoms and subatomic particles - we don't live. But our atoms do move about in such a way as to give us identity and consciousness. We don't die; our atoms just rearrange themselves. There is no God. There can be no God; it's ridiculous to think in terms of a superior being. An inferior being, maybe, because we, we who don't even exist, we arrange our lives with more order and harmony than God ever arranged the earth. We measure; we plot; we create wonderful new things. We are the architects of our own existence. What a lunatic concept to bow down before a God who slaughters millions of innocent children, slowly and agonizingly starves them to death, beats them, tortures them, rejects them. What folly to even think that we should not insult such a God, damn him, think him out of existence. It is our duty to think God out of existence. It is our duty to insult him. Fuck you, God! Strike me down if you dare, you tyrant, you non-existent fraud! It is the duty of all human beings to think God out of existence. Then we have a future. Because then - and only then - do we take full responsibility for who we are. And that's what you must do, Bubby: think God out of existence; take responsibility for who you are."

10. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

dogs have owners, cats have staff.

11. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

"its made of bits of real panther, so you know its good!" Brian Fantana

12. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

"If your enemy is thirsty - Give him water...

If you're enemy is hungry - Feed him...

These shall be like coals upon his head...

Love must rule the world."

13. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

If you cant convince them confuse them - harry truman

14. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

Some Kipling for you all

"We have forty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse. "

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind. "

From the Dylan Thomas poem..
    "And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. "

and finally
    "I made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make it short."
    Pascal

15. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

"look at that blue sky, its going to be a lovely day" - mayor of hiroshima, 07.30am 06/08/1945

16. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

i could be here for a while but Oscar Wilde has had some of the best, all of these are from him...

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative"

"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months"

"I am not young enough to know everything"

"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between"

and his final words before he died we're, "Either this wallpaper goes, or I do!"

Dr. Johnson also has some great ones, his dictionary providing this

Oats: A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland appears to support the people

17. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

well manchester city are either going to win or lose this game, or it could be a draw.

Ron Atkinson

18. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

19. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

random...

20. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

[​IMG]

Before he tumbled to disgrace in the Stade Louis II, Big Orange Ron was known as football punditry’s great linguistic innovator.

To learn the lingo, go here.

However, while the jewel-strewn genius is rightly lauded for his pioneering phraseology, many people forget the equally phenomenal contribution Ron has made to the timeless art of guff. However, while less distinguished guff merchants are betrayed by the folly of their own nonsense, Ron’s occasional faux pas only further underlines his unique contribution to the game.

Football Knowledge

Football may be a beautiful game, but it’s not a simple one. Establishing the mastery that Ron exudes takes years of experience and training. Witness these astonishing insights from the big goldhorse. It just doesn’t have a price….

“They’ve done the old-fashioned things well; they’ve kicked the ball, they’ve headed it…”

“I’ve had this sneaking feeling throughout the game that it’s there to be won.”

“Woodcock would have scored, but his shot was too perfect.”

“They must go for it now as they have nothing to lose but the match.”

“Now Manchester United are 2-1 down on aggregate, they are in a better position than when they started the game at 1-1.”

Mastery Of Language

(a) The metaphor
    Co-commentating apprentices like Beglin and Waddle may think it’s sufficient to arm yourself with a single metaphor before commenting on an incident. Not Ron. Real legends come to the party with metaphors and similes aplenty, and do not hesitate to lump the whole lot into a single sentence if the situation demands. Confusion? We prefer to call it genius.

“Beckenbauer has really gambled all his eggs.”

“Tony Adams – he’s the rock that the team has grown from.”

“He sliced the ball when he had it on a plate.”

“Someone in the England team will have to grab the ball by the horns.”

“They’ve picked their heads up off the ground and they now have a lot to carry on their shoulders.”

“He’s treading on dangerous water there…”

“Chelsea look like they’ve got a couple more gears left in the locker.”

(b) Clarity

Ron’s spent long enough wrestling with The Sun crossword to know that people don’t like to be kept guessing. While peppering his co-commentary with fascinating insights and useful facts, Ron’s precise language skills ensure that even the non-initiated can closely follow events on the pitch.

“There’s a little triangle – five left-footed players.”

“For me the book’s still open on Totti.”

“You think he’d chance his hat there.”

“Liverpool are outnumbered numerically in midfield.”

“I would also think that the replay showed it to be worse than it actually was.”

“He’s not only a good player, but he’s spiteful in the nicest sense of the word.”

“The keeper was unsighted – he still didn’t see it.”

“You half fancied that to go in as it was rising and dipping at the same time.”

“That was Pele’s strength – holding people off with his arm.”

Decisiveness

It’s no picnic putting your neck on the line with bold predictions every week, you know. Look what happened to Rodney Marsh’s hair and Lawro’s tache, for example. Ron, in the best tradition of plucky punditry is never afraid to call it early.

“I wouldn’t say Ginola is the best left winger in the Premiership, but there are none better.”

“Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw.”

“City will want to win this one.”

Awareness

High profile purveyors of punditry have to continually look over their shoulders. There’s always a smartarse keen to twist their words for comic effect. With that in mind, Ron’s eventual demise was all the more surprising. Such an experienced campaigner has always known the value of choosing his words carefully.

“Moreno thought that the full back was gonna come up behind and give him one really hard.”

“There’s lots of balls dropping off people.”

“Ever time Zidane comes inside, Roberto Carlos just goes bonking down the wing.”

“He dribbles a lot and the opposition don’t like it – you can see it all over their faces.”

“Zidane is not very happy, because he’s suffering from the wind.”

“Stoichkov’s playing on the wing, in this situation he likes to come in and scalp the centre-half.”

“I think Sir Alex might have been thinking about pulling Giggsy off… but that might be an incentive to stay on.”

Raw Talent

There aren’t enough lollipops and little eyebrows in the world to match the style on show in the gantry when Ron gives it the full gun. Class will out. Spotters badge, sir.

“I never comment on referees and I’m not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat.”

“A ten-foot keeper really should have stopped that.”

“They’ve come out at half time and gone bang.”

“The lad throws it further than I go on holiday.”

“..and Schmeichel extends and grows even bigger than he is.”

“I think that was a moment of cool panic there.”