Favourite Ever DJ Set?

Rich Pitchshift

VIP Junglist
Favourite-Ever-DJ-Set-580x384.jpg

DnB Blog Dialogue returns (you can check out the previous one here). This month we want to know what your favourite DJ sets are. This could be the best set you’ve seen at a rave or even a studio mix / CD / cassette you always listen to.

Please follow the link below and comment using the form at the bottom of the page. Again, I know it's slightly cheeky starting a thread on here and asking you to veer away from the forum to comment but if you would participate it would be much appreciated!

Link: http://dnbblog.co.uk/2013/08/dnb-blog-dialogue-favourite-ever-dj-set

Last edited:
probably an old LTJ Bukem set - 1995 Essential selection or Dreamscape 10 - maybe one of the Old Randall Helter Skelter mixes from back then as well, i cant actually put a finger on any one mix - if you love D&B its hard to say "that's my favorite" because next week something else comes along! - Lenzman Outlook 2013 Promo mix out of the recent ones, maybe Swanee & Slipmatt from Dreamscape 8 as well............oh, maybe Spectrasoul from Oxford D&B HQ from around 2009 before they went massive, there are a few that stand out and are always on my ipod

Calyx & Teebee - Essential Mix
Mistanoize - Big in Ibiza Promo Mix
Youngsta - Rinse FM Sept 2008
Andy C - The Warehouse Project 2007
Digital Mystikz - Paradise Factory

16 bit at motion STB,

the prototypes & tekone live drumming at proud2

jack beats at matter like 4 years ago was truly one my greatest memories at a rave

dillinga last xmas at fabric was also rahhh

Dropped a comment on there for you Rich.

Was going to say Bukem from Boomtown like the first comment on your page as that was pretty special but still think the old Hardware days walk all over most recent nights and sets.

This was the best set I have actually heard live, absolutely amazing.

Certainly for that style of dnb it was pretty good & obviously on Arcadia it made it that little bit more special. But the S.P.Y set at Boomtown was much better in my opinion just for playing some absolute destroyers. Code SKC remix, Ladies Night VIP. People were losing their shit. Crazy vibes.

I've seen Perez at a couple of Hardware's

Fitted perfectly

Yea same - pre his 1984 LP.

Noticed you put the Calibre @ The Moat in your post. Have to say that was pure fire for vibes but loved the Survival & Silent Witness set that night. Last Outlook was madness. June Miller in the dungeon was right up there. from last year too

Certainly for that style of dnb it was pretty good & obviously on Arcadia it made it that little bit more special. But the S.P.Y set at Boomtown was much better in my opinion just for playing some absolute destroyers. Code SKC remix, Ladies Night VIP. People were losing their shit. Crazy vibes.

Yeah, i thought that the whole set was absolutely perfect, including arcadia. arcadia and that phenomenal sound system just seemed perfect for bukem and those rolling basslines. That set definitely rekindled my love for that style of dnb, i saw him a couple years ago at a different festival but the system didnt do his set justice.

As for spys set, yeah it was fucking dope. Diplodocus vip>>engulfer =wowww. They were probably my2 favourite sets of the festival, but i gotta say i preferred bukem's probably because... Well i dunno actually, just felt some really good vibes.

Massive respect to both djs though, both awesome at what they do. And spys set was also good in its own right. I loved the fast paced mixing, wasnt expecting him to get through so many tracks! I swear at festivals you normally see slower mixes and they often play the 2nd drop.

Back
Top Bottom