Favourite Ever DJ Set?

Yea same - pre his 1984 LP.

Noticed you put the Calibre @ The Moat in your post. Have to say that was pure fire for vibes but loved the Survival & Silent Witness set that night. Last Outlook was madness. June Miller in the dungeon was right up there. from last year too

I saw Survival & SW that night as well. That was down on the stage next to the main stage yea? Next to where all the boat party boats were docked? Ridiculous set. I think Calyx & Teebee done a ridculous set on 17 decks as well or something; it was good but they kept teasing in older classics and then teasing them back out just before the drop...in that state I just wanted to hear the tune!

Yea I had serious post-rave/festival blues after returning from Outlook last year. Really, really tempted by Sun & Bass this year though...

I saw Survival & SW that night as well. That was down on the stage next to the main stage yea? Next to where all the boat party boats were docked? Ridiculous set. I think Calyx & Teebee done a ridculous set on 17 decks as well or something; it was good but they kept teasing in older classics and then teasing them back out just before the drop...in that state I just wanted to hear the tune!

Yea I had serious post-rave/festival blues after returning from Outlook last year. Really, really tempted by Sun & Bass this year though...

That Return of Forever tease still sticks in the mind - built it up for so long then cut back. Bastards.
Signs Remix > Submerged VIP was also a killer mix I somehow remember from that set and no Calyx and Teebee set compares to that whatsoever.

Survival Silent Witness was the same night as Calibre in the Moat. Think it was 4-5 before Octane and DLR...

Sun and Bass next year I think if its still going on. Will need a small fortune to do it properly though.

That Return of Forever tease still sticks in the mind - built it up for so long then cut back. Bastards.
Signs Remix > Submerged VIP was also a killer mix I somehow remember from that set and no Calyx and Teebee set compares to that whatsoever.

Survival Silent Witness was the same night as Calibre in the Moat. Think it was 4-5 before Octane and DLR...

Sun and Bass next year I think if its still going on. Will need a small fortune to do it properly though.

Maybe Survival & SW played twice then? I'm 99.9% sure I saw them on that other stage I mentioned above; must've been a diiferent night...

I did have a bit of a wander after Calibre, I must admit. The only thing about the moat is that there's no bar in there, and I do like to drink. So, after each set I was trying frantically to get to a bar and stock up on shorts for the next set...but obviously as the night goes on you just end up wandering off. Caught a bit of Marcus Nasty & Rattus Rattus, but when Octane & DLR came on I went down to the main stage and caught SPY - who was on after Andy C.

Yea S&B is expensive - but I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for in our scene. Plus, reading this put me right in the mood:

http://www.kmag.co.uk/editorial/features/the-story-of-sun-and-bass.html

I think this was the best thing ive ever witnessed

1105_turb-edrush-poster.jpg

DJ Hype Helter Skelter 1996 with MCMC
Mickey Finn Amazon 1995 with MC Bassman
Andy C 2005 Essential Mix
Chase + Status 2008 Essential Mix
Andy C Nightlife 1,4 and 5
Culture Shock at Nass Festival this year was epic

Fuck knows. Suppose one that sticks out is Randall at Metropolis (Mcr) in about 2004/2005. Went on after a completely shit set from Fresh and showed everyone how it's done. Still my favourite DJ.

Hype & MC GQ @ Helter Skelter Voyager
Hype & MC GQ & MC MC @ Helter Skelter Discovery
Hype & MC GQ & MC MC @ Helter Skelter Energy 96
Randall & MC GQ @ Helter Skelter Energy 96 <<<<< One of the greatest double drops ever heard on this. Shadow Boxing with DJ Taktix - It's The Way (Unknown Remix).
Andy C at Inno In The Sun 2006

that opener :antitank:
favourite live set probably majistrate B2B jaydan @ fabric last year

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot about this one too. Friction at Hardware 2006. Incredible hour, sick selection and SP proving even then why he's the best MC in D&B. Too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fierce b2b Break 4 hours, Ministry, Christchurch, NZ. 2007.

Fucking hell, was that recorded?

- - - Updated - - -

My answers -

Equinox b2b BKey - three hour vinyl set - Limerick 2012

INCREDIBLE. More Amens than a year in Vatican City.

Fucking hell, was that recorded?

Not to my knowledge :(

Best night ever! Some tunes I remember getting dropped and causing MAYHEM;

Capone - Massive
BC - Hornet
DBridge / Fierce - Twilight
The Quest (Break Remix)

Don't think I'll ever get a buzz that good from a night again but here's hoping...

Zinc - Shogun Stage - Outlook 2012 ... If you witnessed that, you witnessed the best!

Back
Top Bottom