Favourite Double Dropper?

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
Thread title is pretty self-explanatory

Sorry if there was already a thread like this, couldn't find anything

So, which DJ do you think is the best at double dropping 2 tracks?

I'll have to vote for Friction, he was made for this

well, all the good djs can double drop tracks with their eyes closed so all equally good in that respect, for tune choice with the doubles it used to be mampi for me but now deffo andy an friction

i heard this rumour....... that...... rocksteady does good at double drops.....

WHEN HE'S ON THE TOILET.

PLOP.

PLOP.

Im new to DnB and only listen to it, dont create mixes etc. Anyone mind explaining what a double drop is and a good example of it?

Tunes are built in 'bar' or 'phrases'.

When a tune breaks into the main section of the track, it's called the 'drop'. Ususally when the bass kicks in.

A double drop is simply using turntables to play two tunes together, and get them in sync so that they 'drop' together.

:)

yeah mampi and ic3....how come they aint been together for quite a while now? ic3 has been with hype everytime i seen him this year

I heard that mampi is going deaf, the foldback monitor was blown once after his set because he had to have it loud as fuck. If this is true it's obviously a shame and he won't be getting as many bookings, and could explain why they havn't been together as much

Its Andy, and anyone who says otherwise is just trying to be different.

His DDs are as tight as you can get, no matter how little time he leaves himself to cue it, and he also usually mixes in key and spends hours at home finding mixes so his doubles are always pretty special. Even when djs call for rewinds randomly he always has a double drop up his sleve. Whereas Mampis are tight, but the tracks dont compliment eachother as well as Andy;s in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom