Favourite break?

Dj_Fozzybear

Greenpiece Records
VIP Junglist
I know its probably been done before but this is a bit different.
What is your favourite break to produce with APART FROM the Amen an Tramen?

Mine is Skull Snaps, Here comes the Meterman and Rosanna by Toto!!!

Whats yours?
:)

rosanna by toto! i also sample rock records, latest one from backyard babies and in flames but i didnt see that one coming.
my favourite break is apache hands down, followed by let a woman be a woman and straight outta compton amen. these are my favourites, but dont i work with them alot.

logikz said:
rosanna by toto! i also sample rock records, latest one from backyard babies and in flames but i didnt see that one coming.

yeah man its got a totally clean snare an kick in the intro, the snare is well produced, almost useable on its own with no layers (just good eq'ing).
Loadsa other Toto tracks have clean beats as well, their engineer must have been a god cause all the beats are well clean an punchy!!!!
:slayer:

logikz said:
i also sample rock records

Me too, I've often sampled rock and metal breaks. Although the best rock break IMO is When The Levee Breaks, the acoustic sounds of that break is fantastic :drums:

:flame:

all about the firefight break.... over used, but one of the dirtiest out there.

can anyone tell me where it came from?? in return you will get a nice 24-bit version of it, once i make it, if i can find where it was originally sampled.

Noxxus said:

can anyone tell me where it came from?? in return you will get a nice 24-bit version of it, once i make it, if i can find where it was originally sampled.
Firefight is the Tramen isn't it? If so, you can lift the break from 'Sniper' by Trace on DSCI4.

Noxxus said:

Combination of the break from pulp fiction, an amen and the tighten up break.

Dom made it and Trace used it in loads of tunes as dom was engineering for him.

As mentioned you can get it from that Sniper tune. The firefight wav that I have is a lot more brutal and distorted than the original so good in its own right.

My favourite is obviously the amen, then after that it'd have to be hotpants.

Back
Top Bottom