Favorite sample packs

Villem Pack

What is good about this pack? I bought it and it's a major disappointment.

Quite a lazy pack, seems like it was put together in a rush, I mean no drum hits that were used in the breaks?! What an absolute joke! There's about 2 breaks that are worth using, and the rest in that pack you will already have in other packs, so why you recommend it is beyond me.

Depends what you want from a pack really, but drum hits and breaks are the most important parts of a sample pack for me. I dont need bass loops and other stuff like that, that's what synths are for. I am actually considering asking Villem for a refund because even though it cost a tenner, having no single hits is shocking at best.

KJ Sawka has a couple of nice packs out, I like the fact he uses live drums, and Thomas Penton has a couple of good packs for drums. I'd steer clear of Vengenace stuff, a lot of their drums have been analysed and have been ripped from MP3 and commercial tracks that have been mastered already.

Quite a lazy pack, seems like it was put together in a rush, I mean no drum hits that were used in the breaks?! What an absolute joke! There's about 2 breaks that are worth using, and the rest in that pack you will already have in other packs, so why you recommend it is beyond me.

Depends what you want from a pack really, but drum hits and breaks are the most important parts of a sample pack for me. I dont need bass loops and other stuff like that, that's what synths are for. I am actually considering asking Villem for a refund because even though it cost a tenner, having no single hits is shocking at best.

KJ Sawka has a couple of nice packs out, I like the fact he uses live drums, and Thomas Penton has a couple of good packs for drums. I'd steer clear of Vengenace stuff, a lot of their drums have been analysed and have been ripped from MP3 and commercial tracks that have been mastered already.

Can you not just cut them out yourself? Pretty easy to do! Also the summary of the pack doesnt mention single hits, so i dont get.why your suprised there are none!

FL Studio 11 Default kits for life. I have lots of great sample packs but Image-Line really nailed it it this version

- - - Updated - - -

Three words. Slicing & Re-synthesizing.

If you have iZotope iris or Image-Line Harmor (My two favorite re-synthesis synths) then you can make bass loops sound like something unique, make your own style and have your own group of fans. And for the breaks just slice and eq. remaster them separately and dump them back in your browser. I think Nosia does this sometimes but not too sure.

Back
Top Bottom