DnB Fatkids - Waiting for silence (Preview)-

Hi guys got a lot of spare time this week so its my second post in a short time, hope its ok.
Anyways i'm making this atm :

at this point i dont really know how I should make this track evolve and could def use some feedback. Went "hardmode" for this one, aka composing all the musical parts lol, the two last tracks i've been making were remixes so i'm struggling a little bit more on that one.

I guess this is just a beginning? It's a good start. I did feel there could be more to the intro/buildup, at least as far as more musical voices/snippets. I did like the flow of the beat, as well as the background sounds (the swelling string-like sound in the mid register). I wonder if the vocal could be EQ'd to stand out more. The drums were nice and crisp. It's late here so I had to use my headphones; I don't know what the sub is like, therefore...

I'll keep my eyes open for when you post the finished track; it should be interesting.

yup its the beginning, its a wip so i tried to focus on the mainparts of the song, i'll make more of a buildup at the beginning cause i'm agree its too abrupt.
as for the vocal as I wasnt really sure about it i wanted to keep it "quiet" in order to not ruin the song, will see if I can bring it out a little more.

Excellent start mate, great drum flow, vocals need some work though, really nice melodic stabs kind of funky, I'm looking forward to hearing the complete track!

Nice mix. :)

I noticed that you used a simple pause as a transition from the part with vocals to the part without vocals (at 01:25). It sounds a bit weird; maybe you could use some tape stop effect automation instead of the pause (there is a free plugin out there by TbT).
This could really help you to make a transition to a new part and to introduce new melodies etc. to the song.

Otherwise, as I said the mix sounds great to me and the main theme of the track is really good.

Lovley tune mate
nice mixdown so far
would make the intro a bit longer and the subbass a bit louder...
i listened to your other tracks, you got a nice style, sounding fresh ;)

Cheers

Here is a tip I have been working on. I usually write, for melodic purpose, 4,8, or 16 bar loops. However recently I have started writing notation for 15 bars. My theory behind the madness is simple. End the musical tension and buildup before the 16th bar, and then use the the 16th bar to "fill" in before the cycle repeats. If you practice this theory every 16 bars you have the advantage of changing up the track with out destroying the melodic structure of the track. Does this make sense?
Your songs are awesome. I just think you need to add more fills to break the repetitious cycle of an already repetitious music.

i agree with this, basically have some breaks and pauses here and their. that way the bassline isnt pumping non stop in a repeatitve manner. really digging this btw sick track

Here is a tip I have been working on. I usually write, for melodic purpose, 4,8, or 16 bar loops. However recently I have started writing notation for 15 bars. My theory behind the madness is simple. End the musical tension and buildup before the 16th bar, and then use the the 16th bar to "fill" in before the cycle repeats. If you practice this theory every 16 bars you have the advantage of changing up the track with out destroying the melodic structure of the track. Does this make sense?
Your songs are awesome. I just think you need to add more fills to break the repetitious cycle of an already repetitious music.

Makes sense, will definitely try that. thanks !

and thanks for all the feedbacks means a lot, but I'm afraid I might be on a dead end with this one, i'm really struggling with variation and overall arrangement. gonna take a few days until I got back to this track i really wanna finish it.
again thanks for all the feedbacks !

Back
Top Bottom