FAT LACE presents FANU / MAKO @ LAB, Bristol, 28th March

optimystic

n558945857_5975858_7344.jpg

Fat Lace proudly presents: All the way from Helsinki, Finland, the one-man breakbeat reformation act known as FANU, on the ultimate slot on his short tour of the UK. Brought to fame through a string of top notch releases on Subtitles, Commercial Suicide, Ohm Resistance and his own Lightless imprint to name but a few. Fanu (or Janne to his mum) has been a consistent force for innovation in breakbeat driven D'n'B. In his own words: “My main preference in old and modern day jungle is the breaksy stuff, but with regard to everything else, I’ve never placed myself in any mould as a DJ and I never will, as that’s one of the biggest mistakes a DJ can make in the long run. I like to keep the set varied: I play different styles and switch between the moods. I think it’s important to keep the crowd interested. I’ve always found the unexpectable DJs the best, and that’s what I’m like myself when I’m behind the decks: lots and lots of mixing and blending going on…I like to keep pretty active when I’m out there. And you won’t get any boring beard-stroking sets from me or you’ll get your money back.” Word.

Reppin’ UTOPIA MUSIC we have label boss MAKO - this guy is on his way to the top, releases forthcoming on Utopia include collabs with Break, D-Bridge, Andyskopes, PLK & The Insiders, he is definitely one to watch! Expect rollin beats and bass lines, with atmospheric tastiness...and a whole lot of love (with the occasional amen!)

Also making Fat Lace proud in their inimitable style we have the residents:
Hindsight - D'n'B
KryptiX - Dubstep/Techno/IDM
Optimystic B2B JaKe RaDar - Original Fatlace Jungle WarriorS!!

Also on the night we have lights and decor from Space Productions (tribe of frog), fatty Funktion1 sound plus 6k extra bass from Celestion, CD giveaways, great vibes and more dubs than you can shake a stick at!

Any comments line-up suggestions dirty jokes etc GET IN TOUCH: FATLACEBRISTOL@LIVE.COM

Facebook Group - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=132569480174

Back
Top Bottom