DnB FAST PACED DRUM 'N' BASS - FEEDBACK AND CRITISIZE (soundcloud thread)

really nice intro but for me drop could do with more impact and i think that mids kinda overpowers drums but nice work man keep it up! :) if you want to give me feedback i have one tune here somewhere you will surely find it :)

You're going about this all wrong mate; you have to spread love to get love, drop feedback to get it in return, don't be such a Scrooge.

I agree completely with Dosage's comments on the tune, this sounds like it's a real stomper on your own speakers and everything probably sounds crisp and clear, I recommend mixing it on different speakers - your own set-up, laptop speakers, headphones, et al. - to bring the best out of your tune.

Haha I know mate, ive been on this forum and many others all under different aliases(I forget my passwords a lot) but I'm more than willing to give feedback to others :)
Points well received though, I fear this may sound tinny with standard earphones etc

Ive never mixed down properly before - rare that I finish anything!

the build ups sick, id like to hear that bass riff repeat itself on the drop, almost as a techy rolling beat. the tune kind of looses power when it drops, its almost as if its been played through a pillow or something. if it punched as hard as it did in the intro it would be sick. tweak some of the mixing and itl be big! i think (correct if wrong) youve panned some of the sounds wayyyyy too much, i feel like the tune kind of moves between left and right speakers instead of utilising both!

I really liked this man, the beat is sick and the bass is super catchy, I have no clued about mixing either so Im afraid I can't help you there but as far as your whole song goes I really like it. Definitely could spice it up with some transition effects and stuff but Im no good at that either XP Keep it up man you're good!

You're right about the panning, ive got awful speakers as im waiting on my monitors to be delivered!

Also, im not sure what you mean about the bass in the intro? Do you mean to repeat it and use it to replace the bass in the drop? And extend it etc to cover the where the current bass sounds are?

th ereverby bit youve got going around the 25second mark. if you could take the reverb of and make it more bassy and full of low end, and have some stompy/steppy drum patterns i reckon it could sound sick. then maybe have it evolve into the drop youve got at the moment, almost like a second drop. would change the tune completely tho and its probably pretty hard to describe whats in my head. id just try and bring that bass out a bit more in this one!

I can send you the project if you want haha.. Let you twist it up, see what comes of it!
I kinda know what you mean, thats how I originally started out on the tune but kept getting it wrong haha

Got some really good feedback here though, thanks guys, been really good for me!

Keep you posted!

to me it sounds like the drums are totaly overpowered by bass maybe little less reverb on the bass and better eq? but like the changes you made

Yea as a lot of people have said before me, I just feel like the drums could have more punch. Nothing else though! Great job, especially love the intro.

Drums are way too quiet. Turn them up damnit. With that kind of width on the main synth it will need to come down too.

The actual synths are decent enough but need to be EQ'd to take some resonance out and clean them up a bit. Will probably sound a bit more level after that.

The snare I really like, but as mentioned, way too quiet. Are you mixing on headphones or something?

Oh, and /before after drop half way, loose the main synth for bit. I think would benefit from something different at this point as it gets slightly repetitive. Maybe bring in the pads that you use at the start and do something with that?

Back
Top Bottom