Farm to fridge - The truth behind meat production

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by mr A, May 12, 2011.

1. mr A

mr A Well-Known Member

2. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

surely this is only the really bottom of the scale meats....most proper quality producers of meat wud do everything in there power to make sure ther animals/stock aint exposed to stuff like this....

3. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

wow. got about 1 minute through and turned it off.
    ignorance is bliss eh

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

went back for more. fucking gross, can only hope these are mostly rare factorys

4. mr A

mr A Well-Known Member

I suppose it's just a case of you get what you pay for. Chicken,for example, you can pay a couple of quid for 5 breast that are from a battery farm that have been bleached to make the meat look whiter and to get rid of the amonia burns from standing around in piss all day or you can pay 5quid for 2 breast of a free range chicken that's had a happy and healthy life until some fucker's snapped it's neck.

5. spiderfran286

i imagine most of the meat from the video ends up in ur economy burgers and value bangers n that....mainly for the catering/fast food market. where as you go to ur local butchers and im sure he will be more than happy to tell you about the farm his produce is from and how well its treated......

i just hate people who show u stuff like that and tell you to go veggie....fuck you...what about all the male cows in the dairy industry...wud u rather eat veil....and that means the cow has had some form of purpose...or u rather the farmer just shoots it and burns the body....cuz hes not gunna pay to feed it just to be "nice" to the thing....

6. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

my brother works on an organic farm... (laverstoke park if your interested) and this shit defiantely doesnt happen, hes been in the slaughter house and its definately not like that

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

your right fran... that (i hope) is the exception... as you know im from teh sticks, and was raised on a dairy farm, with a few beef cows... they get the sweet life, grass fed and treated well... they only go to the butchers when they die of natural causes or are dying and are put down (humanely)

but also FUCK YOU VEGANS... eyes on the front of the head, we eat other animals, simple

7. spiderfran286

thing whats gets me most about veggies is do they want other animals to stop eating other animals? cuz they eat each other alive n shit....

8. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

I dont see a problem with eating animals so long as they are kept in humane conditions. Resources wise it's better for us to become vegitarian because of the amount of grassland involved in meat farming rather than growing crops but I suspect I'll be long dead before that becomes an issue.

On the plus side fuuuuuuuck me is Laverstock Park cool! Do they do buffalo rides there Richie? Missing a trick if they dont...

[​IMG]

9. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

duno, but their ice cream and steaks are nang!

10. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

Male cows are called Bulls, Francois. A farmer will usually only have 1 or 2 bulls on a Dairy farm to inseminate the cows for new offspring.

11. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

I have yet to find a cow with any real sense of purpose...

12. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Fuck being veggie. Some sort of cheese with every meal. No thanks.

13. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

I'm guessing most of that was filmed in America. I think it'd be very rare to find any farmers/slaughterhouses here using these practices. From what I know it's a well regulated industry and there's much emphasis on food standards and animal welfare. The sheer scale of farming in the USA must make it impossible to have as thorough regulation.

14. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

YOUR MUM M8

15. spiderfran286

yeah i know, i ment calf's....yeah to make a dairy cow produce milk i'm assuming that it has to have a offspring first...and say out of a heard of 20 cows....15 come out male...all im saying is its far fairer to actually eat the animals and the energy cycle can continue than for the farmer to just shoot it and burn the animal.....and that's eating veil....nobody wants to eat veil cuz they think its not fair to kill baby animals...i for one..love a good piece of veil calf....

16. Kobi

Kobi Member

Read a book called Fast Food Nation, all about the meat industries in the southern states, loads of Mexicans getting gassed from cleaning fumes, mutilations and deaths from slaving over sharp and heavy machinery. Still, someones got to stand there shooting cows all day to feed our needs