?! - Fantasy (DNB)

Hiya - welcome to the forum !

You've got some good stuff going on, the basics are all there imo, but sorry I struggle with your track mostly because you have too much going on for this genre, you need to take some stuff out imo and focus on the bass and drums. The FX and leads a nice enough but all too much packed into a song. I think the drop is at about 2min in but you should try to build to it more, let people know its coming a little. Are the drums clipping a bit also, be real careful with that. Hope that helps!

The intro is very short, you could tease us with more of a buildup if you want. The bass comes across as pretty filthy, which is cool.

Oops, nevermind, that was an intro, the actual drop is at about 1:00... That's different. :) You might not want to get so aggressive so early on, but then again it does make the track hit hard.

I agree that it seems busy, and you're almost too clever with the effects. I've found that letting busy/complex voices (like your bass) pause/rest during their melody often gives the track space to breathe, and lets you showcase the other voices you put in. Working this way also sets you up for a call-and-response, which is always fun.

I do love the energy of the track, and the drums might need fixing (I'll let someone else address that), but I do like them. Good work overall.

Back
Top Bottom