fancy getting paid to sleep?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Teddy, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

£600 a week minimum!
    Late for work? u slept in? no problem, thats more overtime!

from http://www.outdoorenthusiasts.co.uk/fancy-getting-paid-to-sleep/

If getting paid to sleep sounds appealing then take a look at a job advertisement by Halfords. The company has announced that it is looking for a sleeping bag tester. As part of the role, he or she will test a range of Halfords sleeping bags taking into account the product’s warmth, strength and longevity, ahead of the summer camping season and the abundant music festivals.

For £10 an hour, the successful applicant will camp under canvas for five days and provide feedback on the sleeping bag and their sleeping experience. Halfords will pay a minimum of £600 for the week’s work. Results of the tests will be available via Halfords website to help its staff advise customers on suitable products.

Although the company has confirmed that previous experience is not necessary, there are a few pre-requisites for the sleeping bag tester. The successful applicant will have to “demonstrate an interest in camping and outdoors leisure activities” and be willing to sleep under a canvas.

Halfords outdoor leisure expert Oliver Pinders added that “we’re looking for someone with an eye for detail, who can differentiate between the various products being tested. The testing only works if the successful candidate is able to articulate his or her findings.”

now where do i apply?

2. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

this sounds like my dream job.
    i love sleeping and i love getting paid

3. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i read bout this the other week in paper, problem is tho, with unemployment rates amoung young ppl what they are, this position will be FLOODED with applicants hoping for one of the must cushty jobs going.
    i would love to do this job, but even if i did know where to apply... chances are there be to many other ppl already applied :(

4. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

quit your job, sign on, sleep in til late/all day

paid to sleep....

5. CRoOK

CRoOK Audio Artillery

on a serious note, where do i apply?!

6. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

taken from here http://www.jobs-midlands.com/job/8521443/sleeping-bag-testers

WE NEED a good sleeper. Sleeping Bag Tester required to assess the Halfords range of sleeping bags. Salary: £10 per hour, minimum pay £600 for a 5-day sleep in. Previous experience of product testing would be helpful but not essential. The role will require you to sleep outside under canvas, test and provide feedback on a range of sleeping bags. You should be a good sleeper and able to provide objective feedback on your sleep experience. Would suit someone interested in sleep and the factors that contribute to a good nights sleep. Apply to: Jobs@Pertemps 01527 591091 or email helen.hibbert@pertemps with why you feel you would be suitable for this role. Closing date: 15th April 2010 cock it!!!!

7. CRoOK

CRoOK Audio Artillery

nice one! looking for some extra cash so i can go on holiday this year, i feel im the man for this job