Famous people from other scenes's.......

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
A little while back i was playing at a rave and some guy... who i thought at the time was just some random crack head looking geeza..... anyway... he start chattin to me and to be honest i kinda dismissed him as being a bit of a bonehead just wanting to chat shit to me about how good they think Original Nuttah or Chopper is.... i wasnt feelin to good nore was i up for small talk after 2hours of mixin.

So.... anyway...... it turned out to be Klashnekoff.... who if you know about UK Hip-Hop is apparently really well known??

Got me thinking..... How many peeps must i walk past that could be famouse in other scenes with out me noticing it..... its weird.

If Nicky Black walked past id know straight away....... but so many other people wouldnt have a clue.... same with Andy C..... and to us he's huge!! but to my GF for instance she wouldnt have a clue who he was if he walked past her.....

first time i took my missus to a dnb night goldie walked past us and she turns around and says "hey isnt that the bloke from eastenders?"

Yes dear...

i met shy fx in guildford, but thats not from a diff scene!
my mate thought he saw dev from test icicles & lightspeed champion at a dnb nite

A little while back i was playing at a rave and some guy... who i thought at the time was just some random crack head looking geeza..... anyway... he start chattin to me and to be honest i kinda dismissed him as being a bit of a bonehead just wanting to chat shit to me about how good they think Original Nuttah or Chopper is.... i wasnt feelin to good nore was i up for small talk after 2hours of mixin.

So.... anyway...... it turned out to be Klashnekoff.... who if you know about UK Hip-Hop is apparently really well known??

Got me thinking..... How many peeps must i walk past that could be famouse in other scenes with out me noticing it..... its weird.

no wayyy, cool man, klashnekoff is quality, Big big name in uk hip hop!

I would cream my pants if he walked past me let alone stop to chat !!! :lol:

it does make you wonder

i was chatting to orifice vulgatron from foreign beggars last year at glasto, i didnt have a clue for a while, until he said hip hop and i kinda did a double take, was like "woooooah, you're fucking sick mate!"

Ive seen :hype: in Blackmarket before but your right I wouldn't recognise any one from other scenes.

I'd been friends with a mate of mine, who dj'd DnB for a few years, then one day found out that he was the guitarist in this huge 80's straight edge punk band, toured the states, the lot...

Another time I was sitting with a mate on the bus and he was chatting about his old band, then he mentioned something about "their firat album" turns out his band was pretty big too - post roack band who had played all around the world and had recorded with Mogwai..

Just goes to show how hard it is to recobnise people from other scenes - these people were my mates and I didn't even know!

no wayyy, cool man, klashnekoff is quality, Big big name in uk hip hop!

I would cream my pants if he walked past me let alone stop to chat !!! :lol:

it does make you wonder

yeh init!!... i like Klashnekoff bro!! still hadnt a clue what the hell he looked like... untill then of course.

K.. lash your ras clart nek off.....

hahaha.

Alex Zane came to one of my house parties once, I had no idea who he was till the next day when my mate shown me him on mtv

Yhe saying that.... the irish DJ from BBC one came to my house party once.... havent a clue what his name is though.... didnt have a clue who he was then either...

Alex Zane came to one of my house parties once, I had no idea who he was till the next day when my mate shown me him on mtv

Once went to house party after a people under the stairs gig, then they turned up just as we were getting there...

They were cool guys too, smoke a lot of weed...

Back
Top Bottom