Multi Genre Fallen.GeMiNi - Kerb-Clothing Competition Mix Fall 2012

Fallen.GeMiNi

3rd rate banger merchant
VIP Junglist
As some of you might have noticed, I've finished my entry mix for the kerb-clothing.com competition, already shared it with a few of you on soundcloud and now it's time to go public!
Again it's something a bit different from me, I've tried to include a bit of everything in there, so expect a progression through various drum and bass flavours and this time I've even added a dubstep part to round the mixtape up (don't you worry though, none of that screechy/wobbly stuff, some nice dark and deep vibes from the likes of Icicle, Nymfo or Synkro to name a few).
It's also quite long this time, wasn't expected it to be tbh, but it turned out like that and I'm quite happy about it (hope it won't turn you off from giving it a listen). Any feedback is hugely appreciated as always. So without further ado, here you go :)

Tracklist:

Netsky - Love Has Gone (Dub Phizix Remix) [Hospital/NHS214]
--- Fracture feat. Day Dawn Night - Get Busy [Exit/EXIT040]
S.I.N. - Snuck [Viper/VPRLP003]
Calibre - Simple Emotion [Signature/SIG018]
Dub Phizix - Handmade [Critical/CRIT063]
Phace & Misanthrop - Progression [Neosignal/NSGNL010]
Enei & Riya - No Fear (SpectraSoul Remix) [Critical/CRIT064]
Sunchase & NickBee - Compounder [Horizons/HZN050]
Joe Syntax - Bassline Sinker [Med School/MEDIC29]
Audio feat. Stapleton - Fall Back [Renegade Hardware/HWARE21]
Skeptical & Dub Phizix - Lastik [Dispatch Limited/DISLTD007]
Foreign Concept & Riya - Affliction [Cricital/CRIT066]
Wrm - Empty [DCGround/DCG001]
Optiv & BTK feat. Podage & LaMeduza - Music Within [Demand/DMND004]
Calibre - Piano Bizness [Critical/CRIT059]
Camo & Krooked - Turn Up (The Music) [Hospital/NHS164]
Planas - Breathtaking (dBridge's Soul Steppers Mix) [Exceptional/EXEC160]
Sub Focus - Smooth [Free]
Sub Focus - Follow The Light [Ram Records/RAMM78]
--- Mob Tactics - Headlock [Not On Label/MOBBED001]
Alcrani - Airbourne [Vibration/VR011]
--- Icicle - Still U [Celsius/CLS002]
Ultima C - Gimme More Sunlight VIP [VodkaRedbull/VRB040]
--- Heavy1 - Xiphactinus (Lenzman Remix) [Demand/DMND003]
Foreign Concept - Jaipur (Villem Remix) [Ingredients/RECIPE029]
Jubei & Kasra - The Rift [Critical/CRIT060]
Extra Curricular - Last Day (SpectraSoul Club Mix) [Pigeonhole This!/PHT006]
Halogenix - Raya [Dispatch Limited/DISLTD007]
Friction & K Tee - Set It Off (Icicle Remix) [Shogun Audio/SHA044]
Calyx & TeeBee - Scavenger [Ram Records/RAMM116]
Moving Fusion - The Beginning (Hive & Keaton Remix) [Ram Records/RAMM61]
Hive - Blackout [Ram Records/RAMM91]
Audio - Emissions [Virus/VRS008LP]
Audio - Emissions (Pixel Fist Remix) [Virus/VRS008LP]
Nymfo - Stickmatch [Commercial Suicide/SUICIDECD011]
Icicle - Need A Job [Shogun Audio/SHA055]
Sabre, Stray & Halogenix - Oblique (Synkro Remix) [Critical/CRIT061]
--- Icicle - Together In Dust [Shogun Audio/SHA055]
Icicle & Distance - Exhale [Shogun Audio/SHACD005]
--- Jakwob - Feeling The Desire [Free]
Icicle - Acid Step [Shogun Audio/SHA055]
Boards Of Canada - Olsen (Wrm Remix) [Free]
--- Icicle - BNC [Shogun Audio/SHA055]

Stream/DL @souncloud:

Full resolution artwork link:

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/8916/vaseku.jpg

Last edited:
very nice mix. start is absolute war. really nice flow and real good selection. loving the use of the icicle ep at the end, proper 140 stuff! enjoyed it start to finish man. put it on a cd for my car, gonna look out for more of your stuff!

Yes. Downloaded and ready to listen. I listened to the first 7 minutes this morning. Big intro!

Looks like a gooden mate. Will have a listen and let you know!

Cheers guys!

very nice mix. start is absolute war. really nice flow and real good selection. loving the use of the icicle ep at the end, proper 140 stuff! enjoyed it start to finish man. put it on a cd for my car, gonna look out for more of your stuff!

Thanks mate! I've got a special love for Icicle's non-dnb production, usually can't use it in my mixes tho so I took a chance this time and threw it all in. Glad you liked the mix :)

this is really such a good mix mate. the way you handled the different genres without any slip ups is pretty mental and i like how you're not afraid to trying something new track selection wise. personal favourite was follow the light (which i think you labelled as smooth in the tracklisting :)) into headlock, the 2nd track is possibly better than high contrast's version, will have to bag. enjoyed the ending too, nice and mellow for late night listening.

very impressed geez! you'll stand a good chance of winning the comp methinks

pon the DL!

I bet you already know which bits have tickled my fancy.
large.

Cheers Stu, yeah I know :D

this is really such a good mix mate. the way you handled the different genres without any slip ups is pretty mental and i like how you're not afraid to trying something new track selection wise. personal favourite was follow the light (which i think you labelled as smooth in the tracklisting :)) into headlock, the 2nd track is possibly better than high contrast's version, will have to bag. enjoyed the ending too, nice and mellow for late night listening.

very impressed geez! you'll stand a good chance of winning the comp methinks

Thanks a lot J! I actually missed Follow The Light out of the tracklist completely somehow, thanks for noticing, gonna fix it :) Yeah was pretty impressed by this version of Headlock myself, there's another booty on the flip as well, of the tune sampled for Last Night by Brookes Brothers if I'm not mistaken (Jill Scott's Whatever), pretty neat, too. Mob Tactics are coming up with some really nice tunes at the moment in general, so be sure to check them out. And I'm really glad to see that you lot are enjoying that chilled-up dubstep at the end!

will listen asap, look forward to it just soooo many on the pod to check im getting overloaded, not that im moaning

Will give it a listen through when I have some spare time man. Your mixes are always an interesting listen :)

Cheers mate! Got any close to come up with your next one? :)

will listen asap, look forward to it just soooo many on the pod to check im getting overloaded, not that im moaning

Nice one man! Yeah, I know. I've listened to like 15 mixes last week and still I have a few left...and then more and more keep coming :D

Really liked the melodic intro with contrasting tappy mix of the Dub Phizix rmx & Get Busy tease. The broody bass when Snuck came in was nice. The techy taps of Handmade mixed with Progression was a really solid demonstration of selection & skill. Those two worked really well. Chopped up drum pattens of No Fear rmx mixed nicely with Progression, was interested to hear how that turned out. Was pleased to hear you keep Lastic in with Affliction, the percussion parts on both those tunes are pretty easy on the ear. Turn Up The Music - Breathtaking / Breathless was a sweet mix & really nice to hear both of those tunes again, plus when Smooth eased in, that was pretty plesant. Gimme More Sunlight VIP - Vaipur rmx was a wicked contrast with the melody og Sunlight & the filthy wobs of Jaipur + its always a pleasure for me hearing The Rift in any mix :) The breakdown between Raya & Set It Off rmx when that came in was quality. The building Set It Off, then when Raya came back in & the rhythm took off again was really nice. The change from the neuro techy section near the end to the dubstep section was seamless, as has been mentioned. Dubstep isn't my cup of tea, but it was nice to hear Synkro's rmx of Oblique again. Very easy listening peice of music.

All smooth blends right the way through FG. Just tried to tone down writing a big paragraph of (almost too) in depth feedback. Less is more sometimes :)

Cheers mate! Got any closer to coming up with your next one? :)

I have all the parts to the puzzle, just need to peice them together :) hopefully sometime soon man

Yes mate. Nice very nice mix. Enjoyed it. I've listened to it a few times now. I'll exit this post with proper feedback when i'm at a computer.

Thanks mate, looking forward to hear it from you then! :)

Really liked the melodic intro with contrasting tappy mix of the Dub Phizix rmx & Get Busy tease. The broody bass when Snuck came in was nice. The techy taps of Handmade mixed with Progression was a really solid demonstration of selection & skill. Those two worked really well. Chopped up drum pattens of No Fear rmx mixed nicely with Progression, was interested to hear how that turned out. Was pleased to hear you keep Lastic in with Affliction, the percussion parts on both those tunes are pretty easy on the ear. Turn Up The Music - Breathtaking / Breathless was a sweet mix & really nice to hear both of those tunes again, plus when Smooth eased in, that was pretty plesant. Gimme More Sunlight VIP - Vaipur rmx was a wicked contrast with the melody og Sunlight & the filthy wobs of Jaipur + its always a pleasure for me hearing The Rift in any mix :) The breakdown between Raya & Set It Off rmx when that came in was quality. The building Set It Off, then when Raya came back in & the rhythm took off again was really nice. The change from the neuro techy section near the end to the dubstep section was seamless, as has been mentioned. Dubstep isn't my cup of tea, but it was nice to hear Synkro's rmx of Oblique again. Very easy listening peice of music.

All smooth blends right the way through FG. Just tried to tone down writing a big paragraph of (almost too) in depth feedback. Less is more sometimes :)

I have all the parts to the puzzle, just need to peice them together :) hopefully sometime soon man

Legend man! Always looking forward to hear your thoughts cause you're somehow able to point out the mixes I'm not so sure about, like that switch of styles in Sunlight VIP - Jaipur Remix, I'm really happy to hear it works and glad you liked the mix once again :)

Really intrigued what's it gonna be this time, I'm sure you won't let me down!

Stop churning out mixes, you are destroying my spare time!! Bigs up FG

Sorry mate :D I just had a lot of ideas lately and as I'm sure you know that very well, if you don't put them down as soon as possible, they disappear very quickly. Big ups for jumping on this one!

Haha Yeh I think the last 3 mixes I have downloaded off the forum have all been FG
Liked 'em all :teeth:

Cheers mate, I'm flattered to hear that haha :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like I need to spread some more reputation around! :teeth:

Last edited:
ok feedback time - I aint no Watcha though so here goes!

Incredibly good flow...I think The Watcha touched on the way you get two tunes almost talking to eachother, quite effortlessly IMO.

The change in styles in this mix was really cool, seamless.
Normally I don't really go for the 140 stuff but, I have a slight guilty pleasure for the ice man...really liked the way you brought this mix to a conclusion, from the techy stuff, through the neuro and dark, all the way down to the stepping madness that was Icicle.

Big tings.

ok feedback time - I aint no Watcha though so here goes!

Incredibly good flow...I think The Watcha touched on the way you get two tunes almost talking to eachother, quite effortlessly IMO.

The change in styles in this mix was really cool, seamless.
Normally I don't really go for the 140 stuff but, I have a slight guilty pleasure for the ice man...really liked the way you brought this mix to a conclusion, from the techy stuff, through the neuro and dark, all the way down to the stepping madness that was Icicle.

Big tings.

Cheers Stu, you know it man! Once again my guess was right, know your preferences too well :teeth: And yeah, you're right, I'm all about trying to find tunes complimenting each other cuz it really helps the overall flow of the mix imo. I'm happy to hear that you digged the progression as it's the ultimate purpose of this mix. I'm not really into most of the 140 stuff as well, but ice man is definitely THE exception as I've already said here before, really really amazing tunes me thinks. Big up your socks! :)

Back
Top Bottom