Multi Genre Fallen.GeMiNi - Kerb-Clothing Competition Mix Fall 2012

Cheers Danny, you're too kind man! Glad you were feeling it so much! I've done this one on 2 decks with shitloads of cue points to pull it all off, I still don't feel safe enough on 3, but slowly getting there :)

Given this a few listens through now and it just gets better each time! Mixing is pretty much faultless to be honest, you cover so many different styles in 100 minutes yet none of feels out of place.
couple of my favourite bits...

Love Has Gone (Dub Phizix Remix)
Get Busy

And

Piano Bizness
Turn Up (The Music)
Breathtaking (dBridge's Soul Steppers Mix)
Smooth
Follow The Light
Headlock

this section flowed really well, liked the way you brought in smooth as the breathtaking vocals came back in.

also... The Rift
Last Day (SpectraSoul Club Mix)
Raya
Set It Off (Icicle Remix)
Scavenger - some seriously big mixes in there,
I thought it was clever how you saved some of these high energy mixes till later on to keep up the intensity then slowed it down by finishing off with some dubstep, well played!
good luck in the comp, you really nailed this one so should have a good chance.

Cheers mate, nice to hear that from you! That Breathtaking RMX >> Smooth mix is actually more of an accident, I struggled really long with what to mix with Breathtaking until I finally tried Smooth, vocals sits so well over this me thinks :) Thanks for the feedback, hope to hear some new mix from you soon!

-----

Reached the DL limit today, so I've added an alternative dnbshare DL link to soundcloud. Thanks for all the support for this one guys, highly appreciated! Actually I think this is my first ever mix to reach the DL limit and it's about to hit 500 plays soon as well!

Yeah, great job man, gratz and good luck to you too! Still need to give your mix a listen, had it all lined up here for the last week already, was gonna congratulate you alongside some proper feedback tomorrow once I'm done listening ;)

cheers man, yeah ill do the same for you mate!

really wish i'd done a separate mix for it now though its a bit on the upfront side and i dont know how well that'll go down with zero t and ant tc1 lol

Last edited:
cheers man, yeah ill do the same for you mate!

really wish i'd done a separate mix for it now though its a bit on the upfront side and i dont know how well that'll go down with zero t and ant tc1 lol

Thanks! :)

Yeah, I know what you mean, well we shall see about that, dunno how they feel about dubstep :teeth:

congratz mate, looks like i got to the top 5 too. to my really big surprise tho, because there are a lot better dj-s out there (who also entered to the competition) than i am.

And one cheeky bump for making it to the final 5. Thank you so much for all the love this mix received over those 2 months, really appreciated! :)

well done mate, i made it to the final too! goodluck bro

congratz mate, looks like i got to the top 5 too. to my really big surprise tho, because there are a lot better dj-s out there (who also entered to the competition) than i am.

well done lads!

Reviving this to ask if anyone happens to still have it and would mind uploading it for me? My laptop died a few months ago and I just realized I've forgotten to back this up. Would be much appreciated, thanks!

Yer, I'll do it now.

- - - Updated - - -

https://mega.co.nz/#!rcZmgBSY!KrJCSzBaQzRY2GXsPKhB-0Fkipowt7MVTi29S0LOaOk

Back
Top Bottom