Multi Genre Fallen.GeMiNi - Kerb-Clothing Competition Mix Fall 2012

Right. Sorry it's taken me so long to actually do this.

Netsky - Love Has Gone (Dub Phizix Remix) [Hospital/NHS214]
--- Fracture feat. Day Dawn Night - Get Busy [Exit/EXIT040]
S.I.N. - Snuck [Viper/VPRLP003]
Calibre - Simple Emotion [Signature/SIG018]
Dub Phizix - Handmade [Critical/CRIT063]

Great introduction to a mix. This section is sick. Mixing is perfect and the tune selection is spot on. I especially like the first two tracks, but the rest are big in this section. Not sure if I like the Phace & Misanthrop tune or not.. Just not really my thing and I'm not sure on the mix with the No Fear reemix. It's a heavy tune, though and the mix with Compounder picks it back up (not heard that tune before. Like it). Bass Line Stinker felt like it came in a little early or maybe it was just a bit quiet but when you bring in the bass it's badman (I don't know either of those tunes, so it could just be that that made my ears prick up).

Audio feat. Stapleton - Fall Back - Didn't like that tune. The vocals put me off. I did a lol when he was talking about the Queen. Big mix out of it and into Lastik though and then a brilliant switch up in pace when you bring in Affliction and the next few tracks. Effortless!

Skeptical & Dub Phizix - Lastik [Dispatch Limited/DISLTD007]
Foreign Concept & Riya - Affliction [Cricital/CRIT066]
Wrm - Empty [DCGround/DCG001]
Optiv & BTK feat. Podage & LaMeduza - Music Within [Demand/DMND004]
Calibre - Piano Bizness [Critical/CRIT059]
Camo & Krooked - Turn Up (The Music) [Hospital/NHS164]
Planas - Breathtaking (dBridge's Soul Steppers Mix) [Exceptional/EXEC160]
Sub Focus - Smooth [Free]

This whole section had me going! Loads of tunes in there. I'm not sure I'm entirely convinced about the mixes with Turn Up (The Music) but I think that's just me being a bit pernickety and it's a tune, so it doesn't matter anyway ha. And I fucking love that Breathtaking remix, to the point where I think I'm going to pay to get it pressed to vinyl. On a side note, does it sound quiet or is there anything funny about it compared to other tracks? Anyway, back to the point, Smooth comes in really nicely and works so well with Breathtaking. Must have put that bit back about ten times!

After this the pace picks up and there's some brilliant mixes. Some of the tracks may not be my thing, so much, but the mixing and selection is good that it didn't matter. There were some points that I wasn't sure on the selection, but on a second listen they're just big mixes!

I'm not a great fan of the Audio style sound that was on towards the end of the drum & bass section, but that's just me and it calmed down a little before dropping into the dubstep, which was nicely done, I have to say! Flawless transition and a nice way to round the mix off.

Overall, this is a brilliant mix. I was, admittedly, a little put off by how long it is, at ifrst, but I've listened to it a good few times now and it's had me bopping round a work, saving me from some insanely annoying work, so big up for that! Ha. Tune selection is spot on throughout and the mixing is flawless. Like someone else said, you get the tracks to talk to each other. Sounds great!

Good luck in the competition!

Last edited:
Only Just downloaded this!! TL looks big, ill check this out. Big ups

Cheers man, looking forward to hear what you think!

Right. Sorry it's taken me so long to actually do this.

Netsky - Love Has Gone (Dub Phizix Remix) [Hospital/NHS214]
--- Fracture feat. Day Dawn Night - Get Busy [Exit/EXIT040]
S.I.N. - Snuck [Viper/VPRLP003]
Calibre - Simple Emotion [Signature/SIG018]
Dub Phizix - Handmade [Critical/CRIT063]

Great introduction to a mix. This section is sick. Mixing is perfect and the tune selection is spot on. I especially like the first two tracks, but the rest are big in this section. Not sure if I like the Phace & Misanthrop tune or not.. Just not really my thing and I'm not sure on the mix with the No Fear reemix. It's a heavy tune, though and the mix with Compounder picks it back up (not heard that tune before. Like it). Bass Line Stinker felt like it came in a little early or maybe it was just a bit quiet but when you bring in the bass it's badman (I don't know either of those tunes, so it could just be that that made my ears prick up).

Audio feat. Stapleton - Fall Back - Didn't like that tune. The vocals put me off. I did a lol when he was talking about the Queen. Big mix out of it and into Lastik though and then a brilliant switch up in pace when you bring in Affliction and the next few tracks. Effortless!

Skeptical & Dub Phizix - Lastik [Dispatch Limited/DISLTD007]
Foreign Concept & Riya - Affliction [Cricital/CRIT066]
Wrm - Empty [DCGround/DCG001]
Optiv & BTK feat. Podage & LaMeduza - Music Within [Demand/DMND004]
Calibre - Piano Bizness [Critical/CRIT059]
Camo & Krooked - Turn Up (The Music) [Hospital/NHS164]
Planas - Breathtaking (dBridge's Soul Steppers Mix) [Exceptional/EXEC160]
Sub Focus - Smooth [Free]

This whole section had me going! Loads of tunes in there. I'm not sure I'm entirely convinced about the mixes with Turn Up (The Music) but I think that's just me being a bit pernickety and it's a tune, so it doesn't matter anyway ha. And I fucking love that Breathtaking remix, to the point where I think I'm going to pay to get it pressed to vinyl. On a side note, does it sound quiet or is there anything funny about it compared to other tracks? Anyway, back to the point, Smooth comes in really nicely and works so well with Breathtaking. Must have put that bit back about ten times!

After this the pace picks up and there's some brilliant mixes. Some of the tracks may not be my thing, so much, but the mixing and selection is good that it didn't matter. There were some points that I wasn't sure on the selection, but on a second listen they're just big mixes!

I'm not a great fan of the Audio style sound that was on towards the end of the drum & bass section, but that's just me and it calmed down a little before dropping into the dubstep, which was nicely done, I have to say! Flawless transition and a nice way to round the mix off.

Overall, this is a brilliant mix. I was, admittedly, a little put off by how long it is, at ifrst, but I've listened to it a good few times now and it's had me bopping round a work, saving me from some insanely annoying work, so big up for that! Ha. Tune selection is spot on throughout and the mixing is flawless. Like someone else said, you get the tracks to talk to each other. Sounds great!

Good luck in the competition!

Thanks man, no worries! Appreciate the detail of your feedback :) I'm also glad that you liked it (and happy to help you get by in work), I realise that the variety might help me gain the attention of more listeners but at the same time there's hardly gonna be anyone who would like every single tune in there, so it's all right - I'm actually not too much into the heavier stuff either, but Audio is THE exception for me for sure :) Big ups!

Last edited:
Mate what can I say beautiful mix, loads of tunes I didn't know always a bonus. Took me on a journey your mixes always present a style thats different flows sick. Will share and listen multiple times. Cheers fg

Woah that snuck simple emotion mix is a bangerr, the breakdown and into combo worked for the perfect drop. Big to see follow the light getting played, vocals arent all that but respect for putting it in and well mixed. Jaipur and the rift are a match, proper solid party mix. Last day and raya was a fucking good mix, real roller. Love the evolution of style in the mix, eqing sounds pretty solid throughout as well which is the tricky bit when you do change styles. Probs the best entry for the comp ive heard so hope someone from the forum wins it!

Woah that snuck simple emotion mix is a bangerr, the breakdown and into combo worked for the perfect drop. Big to see follow the light getting played, vocals arent all that but respect for putting it in and well mixed. Jaipur and the rift are a match, proper solid party mix. Last day and raya was a fucking good mix, real roller. Love the evolution of style in the mix, eqing sounds pretty solid throughout as well which is the tricky bit when you do change styles. Probs the best entry for the comp ive heard so hope someone from the forum wins it!

Cheers mate, you're too kind! Glad you were feeling the mix and yeah, I hope someone from the forum wins as well :)

That intro was pure destruction, love the way the vocals sound through Get Busy. Everything was mixed so cleany, and even though theres a whole range of styles in this, each track sits pretty much perfectly next to each other. Skeptical & Dub Phizix - Lastik is an absolute monster that I really need to bag. The teases also sound really good, im usually not a fan of them but they sound wicked in this, most of the time I have a really hard time pulling them off. Props for using Extra Curricular - Last Day (SpectraSoul Club Mix) as well, really underrated tune that sorta went under the radar imo, that little synth hook is too much. After this goes pretty dark, im not usually a fan of the new neuro style if im really honest but you picked some good tunes, great transaction into the dubstep section as well. And the outro on the Wrm Remix, perfect. Overall great mix, honestly cant fault any of it, gotta say you're EQ'ing is totally on point as well, I really struggle with that sometimes. Big up!

TL looks mighty fine! your mixes never disappoint.

Cheers man, haven't seen you for a while in here, looking forward to hear your thoughts on this!

That intro was pure destruction, love the way the vocals sound through Get Busy. Everything was mixed so cleany, and even though theres a whole range of styles in this, each track sits pretty much perfectly next to each other. Skeptical & Dub Phizix - Lastik is an absolute monster that I really need to bag. The teases also sound really good, im usually not a fan of them but they sound wicked in this, most of the time I have a really hard time pulling them off. Props for using Extra Curricular - Last Day (SpectraSoul Club Mix) as well, really underrated tune that sorta went under the radar imo, that little synth hook is too much. After this goes pretty dark, im not usually a fan of the new neuro style if im really honest but you picked some good tunes, great transaction into the dubstep section as well. And the outro on the Wrm Remix, perfect. Overall great mix, honestly cant fault any of it, gotta say you're EQ'ing is totally on point as well, I really struggle with that sometimes. Big up!

Cheers Sicx, happy to hear that! Agree with you on Last Day Remix, really love playing it out atm, always goes off pretty well! Wrm is my mate and he's done some pretty nice stuff for sure, so check him out on soundcloud or facebook if you fancy, he gave away loads of tunes for free, I think you might like those since it's on a bit more stripped back tip :)

Listened to this yesterday really enjoyed it. this quote below prity much sums up what i was going to put. Harmonic mixing bang on!!! :rambo:

Everything was mixed so cleany, and even though theres a whole range of styles in this, each track sits pretty much perfectly next to each other.

Thanks a lot Charlie, I'm glad you liked it man! :)

Last edited:
Lovely job once again, your EQ work is very good, and you can tell that you spend a lot of time finding the right balance. As some others said, intro was pure murder, really liked that Progression -> No Fear blend too.

Also, that Alcrani tune is lovely, didn't know it actually.

phew, i'm finally done listening to this and i have to say i definately won't be in the top5 listings hahaha. nah really, that mix shits so hard on mine, can't give detailed feedback, would have to listen a few times and that's really hard with 1 hour 37 minutes, i didn't notice any mistakes or bad things, the intro was super amazing, i probably would've murdered everyone around me on a rave.

Lovely job once again, your EQ work is very good, and you can tell that you spend a lot of time finding the right balance. As some others said, intro was pure murder, really liked that Progression -> No Fear blend too.

Also, that Alcrani tune is lovely, didn't know it actually.

Cheers mate, really nice to hear this! I honestly can't remember how did I find that Alcrani tune in the first place but loving his stuff ever since. This one in particular is real gem me thinks :)

phew, i'm finally done listening to this and i have to say i definately won't be in the top5 listings hahaha. nah really, that mix shits so hard on mine, can't give detailed feedback, would have to listen a few times and that's really hard with 1 hour 37 minutes, i didn't notice any mistakes or bad things, the intro was super amazing, i probably would've murdered everyone around me on a rave.

Haha, cheers Markus! You're too kind, actually I think your mix should be in the top5...or at least I would pick it if it was up to me :) And no worries, I'm glad you've found the time to give it a listen, appreciated bro!

Steppy, uplifting, rollin, tight with darkness and dubstep fucking brilliant !!
I dont know what to say, the blends/mixes were incredible, tracks just sounded so fitting all the way through, the fact you let the mix build up for almost 50 minutes was amazing, didnt get bored once ! Big section after Subfocus tracks that id never even heard before so that was really interesting, then once 'Jaipur (Villem Remix) came in its like I was given a breath of fresh air and the darkside came. 'Set it Off' was well placed as I thought thats were things really started, the 'The Beginning' later on, really made me think that you'd thought this mix out a fair bit.. was this done on 3 decks cause wow its tight !
Iv not actually sat here and listened to a 90 minute mix for a year or so, really grabbed me by the balls 10/10
The dubstep bit towards the end was fitting and very much needed, did not know Nymfo had done a dubstep version of Matchstick 'Stickmatch', thought that was a amazing, really put a smile on my face.. but yeah ended really nicely, have a feeling il be playing this mix in years to come

Back
Top Bottom