DnB Fallen Gemini - Frosbite

Fallen.GeMiNi

3rd rate banger merchant
VIP Junglist
Let's start with an apt quote by Phil Tangent: "My mixes are like buses - you wait ages for one then two come along at once."

It's been a long long time since I did my last deep/liquid mix and although I had some ideas in my mind, I couldn't get myself down to do one. The time has come when my good friend, who also runs DnBPortal.com website and youtube channel asked me to do a guest mix for their youtube mixtape series. So here it is, an 80 minute journey through the atmospheric and deeper/experimental stuff with some long forgotten gems every now and then. I hope you enjoy :)

TRACKLIST

01/ Commix - Libra [Subtitles]
02/ Krakota - Be Myself [Ingredients]
03/ Disclosure - You & Me (Flume Remix) (Nymfo Bootleg) [Free]
04/ Kove - Gone [ProgRAM]
05/ Seafire - Falling (Dexcell Remix) [Free]
06/ Cyantific - Hold Back [Cyantific Music]
07/ Phobia - Clean Break [Ingredients]
08/ Calibre - Thoughtless [Digital Soundboy]
09/ Phil Tangent - Contrition [Commercial Suicide]
10/ Hybris - The Cleaner [Critical Modulations]
11/ Total Science - Still Waiting [Fabriclive/Shogun Audio]
12/ Dub Phizix & Skittles - I'm A Creator [Exit]
13/ Nymfo - Air Jacks [Commercial Suicide]
14/ Enei - Trainchaser [Critical]
15/ Skeptical - Dub Sequence [Ingredients]
16/ Breakage - The Shroud [Digital Soundboy]
17/ Axon & Killawatt - Level Up [Demand]
18/ Amoss - Footloose [Horizons]
19/ Skeptical - Catch 22 [Ingredients]
20/ Fade - Robotic Funk [Faded Music]
21/ Ower - The Missing Words [Authentic Music]
22/ Xanadu - Ossus [Free]
23/ Fourward - Sewer Run [Mainframe]
24/ Maztek - Galactica [Renegade Hardware]
25/ Dillinja - Hard Noize [Test]
26/ Break - Too Much [Symmetry]
27/ Mutated Forms - Best Served Cold VIP [C.I.A. Limited]
28/ P.A. - Iron Fingers [Radius]
29/ James Zabiela - Perseverance (S.P.Y Remix) [Hospital]
30/ Loadstar - Link To The Past [RAM]
31/ Technicolor, Komatic & LSB - Rotary Motion [Integral]
>>> Frankee - Flintstone [ProgRAM]
32/ M-Zine - Endings [Demand]
33/ Icicle - Timer [Shogun Audio]
34/ Usual Suspects - Killa Bees (InsideInfo Remix) [Renegade Hardware]
35/ Mutated Forms - Duct Taped [Grid]

DL link:

http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/28561659/file.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice mix VFG. The majority wasn't completely my cup of tea, but here are the bits I particularly liked:-

Enjoyed hearing Clean Break in a mix again.
Contrition - The Cleaner was a wicked double, even though I'm not a fan of Contrition. The Cleaner sounding nice in there. Not heard Still Waiting before and sits really well under The Cleaner. Minor double vocal with that & Creator. Still not fond of the way some heads ease down the last tune in a mix like with Creator and Air Jacks, but the way that Nymfo tune came in really packed a punch.

14/ Enei - Trainchaser [Critical]
15/ Skeptical - Dub Sequence [Ingredients]
16/ Breakage - The Shroud [Digital Soundboy]
17/ Axon & Killawatt - Level Up [Demand]

Was a wicked section with the steppy vibe of Trainchaser and Dub Sequence working wonders together. Started playing The Shroud again recently too, and sounds wicked with Dub Sequence acting as the underlying bass tone and tribal rhythm with The Shroud. Also the minimal beats of Level Up went so well with The Shroud. Those 2 really complimenting each other and my fav mix so far :) Loved the tick-tocky bits between Level Up & Footloose when that dropped, then Catch 22 keeping things pacey. Hard Noise - Too Much was another choice blend, with those 2 tunes bringing out the best bits in each other. Really liked Iron Fingers in there, but then again I do really like PA's recent output.

The melodic notes in Rotary Motion worked with the more menacing beats in Endings, the double with Timer was pretty good with the hooks in both peaking out from that mix, even though it was a bit brief. Killa Bees rmx kept the relentless stomp of Timer going through the end section, and enjoyed hearing Duct Taped as the end tune after seeing your comment on it in the Wastegash rmx thread. Really punchy and sat well with the Killa Bees rmx

All flowed well into each other, with easy listening effortlessness. Few quite brief mixes in there, but pretty tidy all together.

Not had you lock into one of ma mixes since B&B 3. Have you gone off the B&B? If so, there were some other sub-genre mixes out over the summer + did write you some weighty feedback on both those Ram history mix that you did. Would appreciate some feedback in return man

Thanks Mark, tbh I'm particularly proud of that section you've picked as I am very fond of each and every one of those tunes! I hear what you say about those brief mixes, the thing is I would need a third deck to keep them rolling :)
And yeah, I'm terribly sorry about my non-existent feedback lately as I've been very busy, got your and HAB's mixes on repeat for like 3 months and haven't got back to any of those. I'll try to make up for it as soon as possible as I finally have some more spare time for mixes and stuff :)

Looks
images

Thanks Mark, tbh I'm particularly proud of that section you've picked as I am very fond of each and every one of those tunes! I hear what you say about those brief mixes, the thing is I would need a third deck to keep them rolling :)
And yeah, I'm terribly sorry about my non-existent feedback lately as I've been very busy, got your and HAB's mixes on repeat for like 3 months and haven't got back to any of those. I'll try to make up for it as soon as possible as I finally have some more spare time for mixes and stuff :)

Cool. Yeh, I'm quite fond of that section I mentioned previously too. Wicked selection.

Whenever you can mate. Ez

Really digged this FG, some standout bits for me were :-

Libra >> Be Myself. - wicked way to get the ball rolling
Thoughtless >> Contrition >> The Cleaner - ace 3 tune section

From Footloose through to Ossus I thought was another quality section which was well EQ'd.

Too Much >> Best Served Cold VIP (your mix with No Fear and Best Served Cold VIP was pretty swish in the double drop comp) - wicked.

Pretty wicked mix man. Had a good flow to it throughout as always with your mixes.

Big ups.

Back
Top Bottom