DnB Fallen.GeMiNi - 300 (2 hours of various drum & bass flavours)

Fallen.GeMiNi

3rd rate banger merchant
VIP Junglist
Hai there, it's been a while. Recently I've reached the milestone of 300 followers on soundcloud so I made a mixtape to celebrate it. Any feedback is highly appreciated as always, I hope you'll enjoy this one as much as I do. So let's not mess around any longer and get to it!

Tracklist:

Noisia - Friendly Intensions (Liquid Stranger Remix) [Free]
Smooth - Cyberfunk [Viper]
Neonlight - Computer Music [Lifted Music]
Joe Ford - Behemoth [Bad Taste]
Spor - Kingdom [Lifted Music]
Loadstar - Bomber [RAM]
S.P.Y feat. Diane Charlemagne - Hammer In My Heart (Black Sun Empire Remix) [Hospital]
Billain - Blockfield [Bad Taste]
Misanthrop - Viperfish [Subtitles]
Logistics - The Grid [Hospital]
Neonlight - Sprech Funk [Lifted Music]
Optiv & CZA - Don't Look Now [SGN:LTD]
Dr. Octagon - Aliens (Sub Focus Remix) [Casual]
Bad Company - Planet Dust [Prototype]
Serum - Strings Tune [V]
Ray Keith - Chopper (Shy FX Remix) [Dread]
Silent Witness - Run Time [Dispatch]
IllSkillz - Directions [Hospital]
DJ Marky - Ya Thang [Innerground]
Shimah - Swordfish [Playaz]
Hashtag - Don't You Want Me [Technique]
Fourward - Steady State VIP [Free]
Calyx & TeeBee feat. Foreign Beggars & DJ Craze - We Become One [RAM]
Xilent - Boss Wave (James Marvel Remix) [Drum&BassArena]
L Plus - Time Travel VIP [Technique]
Smooth - Virgo Cluster [Viper]
Wilkinson - Take You Higher [RAM]
Calyx & TeeBee - Skank [RAM]
Dimension - Raver Fizz [Free]
Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub [Virus]
Paul Van Dyk feat. Adam Young - Eternity (Camo & Krooked Instrumental Mix) [3beat]
Dexcell - The Lights [Breach Audio]
dBridge feat. Vegas - True Romance [Metalheadz Platinum]
Liz-E - Hellride [Smokin Riddims]
Hazard - Air Guitar [Playaz]
Nu:Logic - Hell's Bells [Hospital]
Fade - Tripod [Faded Music]
Icicle - Timer [Shogun Audio]
Dub Phizix & Skeptical feat. Strategy MC - Marka [Exit]
Aeph - One Last Chance [Lifted Music]
Cern & Sabre - Pinch Me [Dispatch]
Halogenix - Raya [Dispatch Limited]
Konichi - Engulfer [Radius]
Taxman - My House [Playaz]
Nu:Logic - Morning Light [Hospital]
SpectraSoul - Light In The Dark [Shogun Audio]
Andrew Bayer & Matt Lange feat. Kerry Leva - In And Out Of Phase (Calyx & TeeBee Remix) [Anjunabeats]
Wickaman & RV - Sound Clash [ProgRAM]
Memro - Droplets [Proximity]
Shimon - Hush Hush [RAM]
Phil Tangent - Hindsight [Santorin Germany]
T.E.E.D - Garden (Calibre Remix) [Polydor]

Having a listen now, a bit put off by the first tune, not really my thing at all but glad I didnt close it straight away, I'm keen to hear how you mix out of Ya Thang, something I struggle with

aight m8, just listened through the whole thing, i can't go in depht but damn, wicked. your beatmatching is eggsellent and your eqing is sharp as fuck, really. eventho i don't like some tunes pretty much all of the mixes were banging!!! only part i didn't feel was the part around one last chance - marka but i guess that's a matter of taste.

so vaclav, big as usual, you're the fucking don

Last edited:
I didn't miss this FG - just had so much on my plate & loads of mixes to listen to. I did find some space for this today.

TL is so eyecatching from the off. So many big tunes!
Wingzy hit the nail on the head with the EQ'ing and beatmatching. Certainly no problems there lad.

Favourite/standout bits.

Are you crazy bro! This section was mad...could have mentioned the bits before with Boogie but this was stupidly good. EQ's spot on sir.

& the end 3 tunes

Shimon - Hush Hush [RAM]

Brought the mix down nicely reducing the energy. You took this mix through a journey and tried to incorporate loads of different styles which I digged massively.

Some of the tune selection wasn't really my cup of tea, but it was made up for it by playing some wicked tunes. Nice to hear Raya again & liked that little mixup with the new cern pinch me dispatch release.

Props sir. This was as tight as a nuns snatch.

(y)

aight m8, just listened through the whole thing, i can't go in depht but damn, wicked. your beatmatching is eggsellent and your eqing is sharp as fuck, really. eventho i don't like some tunes pretty much all of the mixes were banging!!! only part i didn't feel was the part around one last chance - marka but i guess that's a matter of taste.

so vaclav, big as usual, you're the fucking don

Thanks for the kind words Markus, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I didn't miss this FG - just had so much on my plate & loads of mixes to listen to. I did find some space for this today.

TL is so eyecatching from the off. So many big tunes!
Wingzy hit the nail on the head with the EQ'ing and beatmatching. Certainly no problems there lad.

Favourite/standout bits.

Are you crazy bro! This section was mad...could have mentioned the bits before with Boogie but this was stupidly good. EQ's spot on sir.

& the end 3 tunes

Shimon - Hush Hush [RAM]

Brought the mix down nicely reducing the energy. You took this mix through a journey and tried to incorporate loads of different styles which I digged massively.

Some of the tune selection wasn't really my cup of tea, but it was made up for it by playing some wicked tunes. Nice to hear Raya again & liked that little mixup with the new cern pinch me dispatch release.

Props sir. This was as tight as a nuns snatch.

(y)

Cheers Stu, you're too kind man! Props for picking the last part as I'm particularly proud of that one, too bad I have gone out of upload time by then, would have let the mix roll at least to the breakdown of Garden RMX, but hey :)

Ok so I finally got some spare time and took a full listen to this!

First of all, love the fact that you mix different styles of drum and bass, keeps the set diverse and there's always something new coming next!

Loved the intro! I didn't even knew that version of Friendly Intentions and It's pretty cool (+ it's free!)

You kept it very alive and energetic in the beggining, got me headbanging while I was doing math problems haha :)

Bad Company - Planet Dust
Serum - Strings Tune

This is when I went nuts! Had to stop studying, come to the fucking computer and rewind that shit myself so I could listen to it again, louder! Sounds absolutely wicked! My favourite part of the set without a doubt!

There were some other wicked mixes aswell, here are some of my favourites:

Kingdom >> Bomber

Skank >> Raver Fizz >> Chubrub

True Romance >> Hellride

Halogenix - Raya >> Konichi - Engulfer

Clean drops, top notch mixing. Nothing else I can say :)

Cheers!

Wah FG! That tracklist is pretty hench + 2 hours worth too.

The intro on that Friendly Intentions rmx was a nice change to the original.... enjoyed the additional vocals & that swing beat is quite special. Cyberfunk kept the energy flowing with some Subfocusy triplet influenced beats. The little bleeps & computer game samples before the double with Computer Music were sweet & although the 2nd & 3rd tunes weren't entirely my cuppa, the mix still made me screw my face up like I had just smelt a rancid fart :) Kingdom is quite the beast. Had heard it before the Forum Timeline mix, but that reminded me how good it was. The way the vocal in Bomber came in was perfectly placed, the build up to that dual drop + the way the screaming bits in Kingdom went with the driving bass in Bomber was really special. Hammer In My Heart rmx made Bomber into a hectic rollercoaster with those additional punchy rolling drums. Viperfish is & always will be an epic tune & sat extremely well with Blockfield. Hadn't heard The Grid before & completely didn't expect that from Logistics (lazy bass structure used effectively) , loved the switch from Viperfish for the full effect of The Grid when that came in :) Aliens rmx worked a treat off the back of Don't Look Now. Not heard anyone mix Planet Dust like the way you brought it in since I heard Friction mix it like that once. Quality mix and the way the vocals pushed out from the epic hooks in the BC tune was a nice touch. The way that tune went off at Exit's bday still makes me shiver watching that vid :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNjFNUQApqA the way the wirey intro of Strings Tune builds into Planet Dust is very efficient, thought the BC tune had disappeared, but it came back for some switching trickery. The way that The Chopper rmx comes in too.... man, that is wicked, Strings Tune building with its punchy build to the drop, with The Chopper's vocals- nice. Such a sweet contrast between Run Time & Directions, the bleeping Silent Witness with the soulful Ill Skillz. Ya Thang brought some more laid back effortless easy listening vibes to Directions, right before Swordfish does its thang & really nice to hear in a mix again. The way the slightly metallic beats in Raver Fizz bounced on the relentless structure of Chub Rub was a quality selection and blend.

The Lights - True Romance - Hellride rolled together nicely, with the latter tune taking True Romance on a different direction ahead of Air Guitar getting stuck in with its pounding bass pads & that wobbley squelching bass in Hells Bells :O again, something else I wouldn't have expected from Nu:Logic, with a similar beat to that of Air Guitar + I like the way the tune either side of Air Guitar had 'hell' in its title. Tripod! More making my face screw up... subtle but effective haunting notes in there. The metallic plink in Tripod is really sweet... I hear Timer building + when it drops, Tripod does its best to peak through over the pounding beat of Icicle's stomper. Marka snuck in under the radar, in for the breakdown of Timer.... loved the way that chopped through the pacey beat of Timer, taking us on a half time venture. The beats in both Timer & Marka working wonders with one another + keeping the mix in for a little longer, making us enjoy it more. The way you bring Pinch Me in as well, teasing us with a little of the mild bass blips. Already thinking the mix with Raya will be special (as it has similar wooden bass plinks) and it is. The fairly hectic Halogenix drum structure rolls SO well with Pinch me (I know Raya is a personal fav of yours & you use it to great effect). Was unsure how Engulfer would go with Raya, but it works (like a few other Konichi tunes mix with more rolling bits ;) ) with that energetic drum roll & wooden bass pushing through the filthy wobs of Engulfer. Not heard My House in a mix for TIME. Picked it up myself, but haven't played it since a couple of months or so after its release. Love those driving hooks in that house. Morning Light contrasted Taxman's bit before very nicely taking the ride in a different direction + the fact that the next 2 tunes are Morning Light & Light In The Dark... I see what you did there in the tracklist again. Not heard that C&T rmx of that In And Out Of Phase before & sounds really fresh, but still with their style influence pushing through. Hush Hush compliments the more breakbeaty Droplets very well & enjoyed hearing Garden rmx sitting well with the laid back hooks in Hindsight for the outro blending end.

New style of feedback from me, picking up on the mixes & sections that I enjoyed the most in there. Would love to do blend by blend feedback more, but I am all typed out after the Forum Timeline. Someone else did some similar style feedback the other day in another thread.... I did enjoy it all, just the bits that I mentioned I liked more that I didn't pick up on. EQ-ing top notch as always man. Very dancefloor infused, as I know you play out in clubs a fair bit, plus liking the odd jump up bit & classics in there to round off a wicked selection

Last edited:
Amazing feedback as usual, cheers for the kind words! Glad you liked the bit around Planet Dust, seems to be the favourite so far! And you did remember well about Raya being my personal weapon of choice :)

Could have sworn I made a feedback post on this a long time ago, bruv. I know I gave this mix a few listens back when it first came out but never seemed to make a post. Time for me to make a post!

It never hurts to go back and take a listen since I haven't listened for a bit. I actually didn't mind the first tune, starting to warm up to it even if I didn't like it originally. Gotta give props for the mix from Computer Music to Behemoth. Both big tunes I don't know about. Kingdom -> Bomber is another bit I kept rewinding on. Really dug that. I love hearing Viperfish in the mix, but it did come in a bit more quiet than I was expecting. Could be a problem with mix, but I'm not sure, which is a shame because I enjoy that tune immensely. I really like how the next twenty minutes or so roll out. Really good ones here. Once Boss Wave Remix comes in, the vibe becomes really intense for the next few minutes. I vibed out for a long time on that one. Chubrub -> Eternity -> Lights was fucking immense.

Love that Tripod tune! Still keep forgetting about it, but when Timer comes in, and then Marka? Oh my days. Loved it! Its coming back to me now. Really dug this part of the mix. Droplets -> Hush Hush also was a standout bit for me, bruv. Anything with Hush Hush was huge, and though I loved it, I feel like the vibe going into the mix was a bit heavy to jump into Phil Tangent and the Garden Remix. I liked the tunes, don't get me wrong, but I felt that the mood changed quite suddenly from one to another.

This was a huge mix, man! I want to hear a new one of these! Keep up the good stuff, man!

Back
Top Bottom