Fallen-Cities-Liquid DnB

mat42291

SuperNoob
Hey guys I just needed a little feedback on a track I did, still a work in progress. Right now I'm still an amateur when it comes to drum and bass and learning it on my own presents it's problems. My transitions are still really rough and I still haven't quite figured out how to build tension in a track. I just need to know what I can improve on. Plus criticizing my own track is really hard to do and I can't really get an objective view.

The track is really mellow, so I figured it's liquid dnb. By the way I figured this is the correct place to post even though I'm not really an up and coming producer haha. This is just a fun hobby that I'd like to get better at.

EDIT: Just realized I didn't set up the embed for soundcloud right. Should work now.

Last edited:
The piano melody sounds a bit off beat. Try working with quantization. Also experiment with some reverb or delay to make it more blend with the rest. It's very dry and loud at the moment.

Also the drums sound very basic. Maybe do some more layering. There are plenty of tutorials out there that show you how.

Just keep practicing and you'll get better :)

yo man
certainly is liquid dnb
like said before---u need more power in your drums
drums sound thin
nice piano but could do with some reverb,variation
get some good drum hits.maybe vengeance sample packs and layer
u certainly have musical ability.work on those drums a lil and u will be home!
cheers

The piano melody sounds a bit off beat. Try working with quantization. Also experiment with some reverb or delay to make it more blend with the rest. It's very dry and loud at the moment.

Also the drums sound very basic. Maybe do some more layering. There are plenty of tutorials out there that show you how.

Just keep practicing and you'll get better :)

Thanks for the input. I didn't really realize how off beat the piano melody was. It gets hard to tell after you have heard the same track a lot, your ears get used to it. Thanks for the support, means a lot to me.

Eternaloptimist said:
yo man
certainly is liquid dnb
like said before---u need more power in your drums
drums sound thin
nice piano but could do with some reverb,variation
get some good drum hits.maybe vengeance sample packs and layer
u certainly have musical ability.work on those drums a lil and u will be home!
cheers

Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on those drums a bit. Right now I have a whole bunch of .rex breaks that I pull individual hits out of and build my drums around that. It probably would be easier to get myself a decent sample pack though haha.

Back
Top Bottom