fairly new at this

kdub

i was wondering where i could get some decent cdj equipment
im not really all that familiar with what i will need to start
there is probably a thread i didnt see
also im not lookin for top of the line as im just starting

pick up a copy of DJ mag. at the back it has loads of pages of dj equpment on offer on a variety of different websites.

www.htfr.com has a good selection but can be on the expensive side (so compare prices with other websites before you buy) but you can read reviews about the equipment etc on there which is helpful.

i have turntables so can't offer advice on which cdjs are good but hope this helps.

Take a look at the denon DN S-1000 and S-1200. Many features (I love the filters) and not as expensive as Pioneer. They're really nice starter decks

Take a look at the denon DN S-1000 and S-1200. Many features (I love the filters) and not as expensive as Pioneer. They're really nice starter decks

This! or maybe the Pioneer CDJ 100s, their both tidy decks and are perfect for starting out and making some decent mixes, only downside is you might have to ride the pitch too much for my liking with some songs so they'll make you work harder lol

I suggest second hand pioneers man, got my cdj800mk2 for 300..

If not have heard good things about the numark Axis range.. check it out mate!

You will probably end up upgrading anyways so you may aswell do it now so you dont need to eh?

I've always used Pioneer equipment, mostly due to opportunity (all of mine have been grabbed from friends with lots of money who wanted to 'try' mixing and then got bored of it... their loss, my gain). I've been using the CDJ-1000 since mk1. I currently own an mk2 and an mk3 which I use alongside my vinyl decks. I also use a DJM600 mixer which I've had for the longest time.

I haven't tried the Denon stuff but I have a friend who has Numark decks, he swears by them. I've never played with the Denon stuff but I know Denon makes great gear, and it's less expensive like Zoomy said.

well i saw these today didnt know if they were any good
http://www.stantondj.com/v2/djpaks.asp

does anyone know where i could get good package deal?
i dont have that much money on hand

but i might end up getting
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.co...-with-Digital-Sampling-and-Effects?sku=630320
and
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pioneer-CDJ200-Pro-CD-Player?sku=242119

what do you guys think

fuck stanton cd decks dude, their notorious for breaking and being unreliable.

The mixer and pioneer deck you linked should go down well man:)

well im new at this
cd's are a hell of alot easier and cheaper to get
if i get good then ill probably go to vinyl
but i think im gonna go with the pioneer decks and mixer

well im new at this
cd's are a hell of alot easier and cheaper to get
if i get good then ill probably go to vinyl
but i think im gonna go with the pioneer decks and mixer
I did it like that, got some CD decks and right now I'm planning to get a TT and some vinyl :D

fuck stanton cd decks dude, their notorious for breaking and being unreliable.

The mixer and pioneer deck you linked should go down well man:)

yea i think im gonna look for those decks and that mixer second hand now
im gettin pretty tired of virtual dj

Back
Top Bottom