Faint buzz from monitors

ac

I'm using them as my PC speakers as well as mixing monitors. I can hear a very faint fuzzing kind of sound from both. Nothing on the mixer fixes it, so it's solely down to the monitors. Is this normal or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I have 2030A's and I use RCA to 6mm jack to link the monitors to the mixer. I have 2 line outs from the mixer.

1 1
2 2

Monitor left goes into 1 left and monitor right goes into 2 left. Line out to PC line (to record) goes into 1 right and 2 right.

Line out to PC speaker input from line out deck 1 to speaker input on soundcard. Flicking between phono and line on deck now enables me to record in phono, then switch back to line to use as speakers.

Any help appreciated. I hope I explained it OK.

Thanks

man i had that and i just bought better cables and it worked. but my mate tried the same thing and still had the problem:-/

You have a ground loop somewhere that is causing the hum/buzz. Get better cables or a ground loop isolator.

Yup sounds like the earthing cable. Check its attached at the back. Can give feedback if not attached properly.

yes this almost definately a ground loop somehwere in your set up.

there are several reasons as to why this can be caused...

earth wires not set up properly wud be an unlikely cause...

most likely your using unballanced conections between your soundcard and speakers.

i had the same prob which was sorted by using balanced jacks.

if this doesnt work go thru ur whole set up until u find whats causing it. safe.

XLR or Jacks from mixer to Monitors will sort that out bud (balanced) and make it sound fuller. what mixer you using?

Vestax PMC05 Pro III.

PMC05PRO3DX.JPG

But not the scratch one that I linked. But exactly the same basically. (Does that make sense?)

Anyway, I was thinking of getting XLR, but can you get XLR to RCA? I only have RCA inputs.

Cheers.

Edit: Just spoke to our equipment guy and he reckons this will fix it

XLR to RCA

SK176683.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom