Fading up drums

Pretty general question there mate, tell us a bit more :)

What program(s) you using, and are you using chopped up audio for the beats or MIDI?

Either way automations your best and most accurate way, but the process differs with each program.

Pretty general question there mate, tell us a bit more :)

What program(s) you using, and are you using chopped up audio for the beats or MIDI?

Either way automations your best and most accurate way, but the process differs with each program.

Oh sorry mate didn't realise lol.

I'm using Cubase. Used it to make my drums aswell. What im planning on doing is fading up kick drums over a synth i used with midi.

Anything else you need to know? Not very experienced with production at the moment but the tune im working on could really do with this!!!

Havn't used Cubase for a fair old while, but if I remember right, when your in your sequencer window, if you look down the left hand side where all the track names are, in the bottom corner of the box with a tracks name and mute/solo/record buttons, theres a little + symbol, if you click that you'll get a box appear underneath for automation (may vary with different versions but its usualy similar layout). You can set the box to volume, and then simply draw in your volume changes. Make sure the tracks "Read" button is selected, otherwise it'll ignore the automation.

Hope thats some help (if its right!!!)

Another way would be set a track to "Write" automation, and just move the faders you want while playing the tune back, it'll record it in on its own then, but I find this way to be less accurate with a mouse, only really comes to good use with a control surface.

u could always just automate the volume so it fades in till the drop im shit at explaining things tho.lol
if i was at ur computer now id be able to show u.lol
try youtube their might be a tutorial

Dont really know about cubase but automating the volume of the desired track is the way to go about it. Or you could get abit more creative a put a filter and some distortion on the drums and filter it up, will sound alot more interesting, just an idea though lol

Back
Top Bottom