Facebook RAVE staged in IKEA

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by BeyondTherapy, Sep 2, 2008.

1. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

Facebook RAVE staged in IKEA

[​IMG]

link to the video

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1637468.ece

2. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

I thought this was cool because it's in remeberance of the sanctuary, but then you see the video you see that they aint ageing ravers, they're all like 18 or summat...

They're just sad twats who are doing it because they think "flash mobbing" like this is cool, when actually it's just the most sad and attention seeking bullshit I've ever seen...

I bet eveyone of those cunts does Poi, I fucking hate poi, such attention seeking bullshit "Hey look at me, I'm doing poi", it's not that I hate people doing poi, it's the fact that wherever a large group of people congregate, festivals, the beach etc, there's always some furry booted plastic haired twat doing poi, what I hate is that they feel the need to do poi in fron of people... They love it when you go and watch them for it, and fucking cream their pants if you ask them about it... We've all got hobbies, but it don't mean we have to do it in front of huge crowds of people in a clumsy attempt to make ourselves look interesting and alternative when by it's very nature this activity markes you out as being unorigional and a fucking lame attention seeking twat. And what is it with lame hippy shit anyway, why is it alternative if they all dress the same and do the same activities anyway, surely that's not "alternative" it's just following a certain tribe, same as goths, rockers, indie kids new rave fans and all the skinny jeaned pretentious twats who clog up east london when I'm trying to get my shopping in, I mean jeeseus when did people stop thinking for themselves and turn into such a bunch of lame arse "choose where you belong and follow the flock" fucking sheep anyway baaa baaa baaa!

I feel much better now.

Nice one for the post though TPI, as always...

3. BeyondTherapy

problem ... i love your rants .... i always feel better after reading them as 99% of what u say is so true and cracks me up

:D

4. mini_molko

mini_molko Member

Haha... That's erm, quite a rant there... o_O

And I can kind of see where you're coming from... But I don't think poi, or any "alternative" hobby like that is just a fashion statement... I've got a lot of friends who use poi, staff, devil sticks, etc... And it's actually quite fun, can't get the hang of poi myself, but my girlfriend's fucking excellent at it, aswell as staff and we regularly go down to the beach at night with a couple of mates and do a bit of fire staff, which I personally think looks fucking cool at a freeparty or something, it's just visual entertainment and it aint doing no harm. And anyway, what's the point in having a hobby/talent if you can't show it off to people.

5. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

Fun?

I got what you were saying completely untill that sentance :p

6. mini_molko

mini_molko Member

Yeah, but it's like I enjoy mixing drum & bass. But I wouldn't wanna just play to myself forever.

7. safety

safety double safety

greg, what the fuck is poi?

8. BeyondTherapy

9. AfroJafro

AfroJafro Member

Legendary rants lol :)
    agree with u there Greg P. What a bunch of *****

10. DNBMAN12345

DNBMAN12345 Member

Yeah, I was gonna say actually. By that same logic, all performing DJs fall into the same category as performing poi-ists..??

11. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

So true GregP, bare amounts of these "bohemian" planks in Brighton too, you're not the only one suffering!

I also hate the way the word 'rave' has been massively over/misused lately by aforementioned planks. Something to do with this new fashion fad called 'NU-RAVE' apparently?

What's poi? Sounds hippy.

12. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Greg P is the new Dustek.

13. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

[​IMG]

14. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

[​IMG]

15. mini_molko

mini_molko Member

Ok, ok... Maybe I worded what I said wrong, I'm not saying everyone who takes up a hobby does it to show it off to the world and most people solely do it for the enjoyment factor, but persoanlly if I felt I was good at something, I'd want to show it off.

Anyway, the point is, you can't tar everyone with the same brush... There will always be stereotypes within different sub-cultures and there will always be pathetic people who thrive on following these stereotypical lifestyles because they can't develop their own personality... But you can't really say anyone who does poi is one of these idiots.

Although, saying that, emos really do piss me off.

16. alz

alz compress to impress

What a load of bullshit, flash mobs are funny as fuck, oh no 300 people piled in to a small area for 3mins, fucking cry about it.

Also if someone has picked up a hobby, practiced and endeavoured to become good at it then they deserve to show it off, its an achievement after all.

17. DNBMAN12345

DNBMAN12345 Member

Yeah, I know what you mean lol, I was agreeing with you.

18. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

yep

I went tgo the Sanctuary loads.. a lot before these wankers.... if they really wanted re-inact the snactuary they needed the crack heads at the station tryin to rob you.. but the again crack heads are quite hard to organise..

cocks

yeah fuck Poi right up its arse. fuck off to Psy trance