Fabric on the brink of closing?!

or just a vicious rumour?

http://twitter.com/buzzin_fly (one half of everything but the girl)

@djhistory all staff made redundant as of earlier this week. already hunting for new jobs.
21 minutes ago via web in reply to djhistory

@LDNCalling yes, staff already looking for new jobs. all staff made redundant.
22 minutes ago via web in reply to LDNCalling

all fabric and matter staff have been made redundant
26 minutes ago via web

i am told BOTH matter AND fabric have gone into administration
30 minutes ago via web

or just a vicious rumour?

http://twitter.com/buzzin_fly (one half of everything but the girl)

@djhistory all staff made redundant as of earlier this week. already hunting for new jobs.
21 minutes ago via web in reply to djhistory

@LDNCalling yes, staff already looking for new jobs. all staff made redundant.
22 minutes ago via web in reply to LDNCalling

all fabric and matter staff have been made redundant
26 minutes ago via web

i am told BOTH matter AND fabric have gone into administration
30 minutes ago via web

Another thing that looks bad is that the Fabric owners asked Buzzin Fly to remove his twitter updates about Fabric potentially going, which doesn't look good.

Weren't Fabric and Matter owned by the same guys though? Or linked in a business way?

Yes. Matter was owned by Fabric 591 Ltd. Fabric rented the space in the O2 and created Matter.

Fabric went into Administration in 2003 and it is still here so I wouldn't count on it closing for definite.

a former Matter employee piped in offering an insider’s perspective, saying that the owners of Matter – who clubbers would know are also the owners of Fabric – used “Fabric as collateral” to fund Matter and that “administrators have obviously come in and taken the venue to pay off Matter’s debt”.

Not an official statement, but commented by fabriclondon on its facebook page about 45 mins ago, in reply to a series of comments about it going down as collateral for matter:

"fabric is 100% open this weekend and next weekend and the one after and then one after that weekend then and after that and beyond.... x"

Not an official statement, but commented by fabriclondon on its facebook page about 45 mins ago, in reply to a series of comments about it going down as collateral for matter:

"fabric is 100% open this weekend and next weekend and the one after and then one after that weekend then and after that and beyond.... x"

Best comment ever

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

if it does close
does that mean te end for fabriclives?

It means the end of everything man, the universe will implode.
Everything will then get sucked into a black hole, including the Fabriclive CDs

i heard about this yeasterday, thought it was bollocks so didnt think anything of it. A good business man will not close the place down with all the extra cash its set to make off hosp & ram. A mate of mine emailed them last night and he received an email back within 20mins saying it was bullsheeeeeeet!

il try and get him to inbox me the email, and if he does il post it here.

il try and get him to inbox me the email, and if he does il post it here.

Turns out it was via facebook .. .. ..

Sorry to bother you, however I have heard quite a nasty rumour that Fabric has gone into administration and will be closing down?

I sincerely hope this is not the case, however I was wondering if you could confirm or (hopefully) deny this?

I think this might be a knock on from the fact that matter has closed for the summer! It’s business as usual at fabric Towers, with 5 full nights at the club coming up this weekend J
Cheers & thanks for your concern,
Ian.

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:01 ----------

fuck fabric full of goons & foreigners

Yea big time, nice club tho...

Back
Top Bottom