Fabric et al....

in b4 tl;dr

Fuck The Police

I read this on fb too & it is very compelling + makes some exceedingly valid points in relation to the apparent lack of support by the police & the underhanded legal manouvering.

Slightly rose tinted in fabrics favour in areas considering its overall frank nature...

Quality post though.

London’s iconic clubs are an essential part of our cultural landscape. As Mayor, I'm determined to do more to protect them, as well as our theatres, live music venues, artists workspaces, historic buildings and pubs. It is so important that people are able to enjoy a fun and safe night out in the capital.

As part of our wider plan to support the night time economy, I will appoint a Night Czar to lead this work by bringing together key stakeholders including club and venue owners, planning and licensing authorities, the Metropolitan Police and members of the public. No single organisation or public body can solve these problems alone – we all need to work together to ensure London thrives as a 24-hour city, in a way that is safe and enjoyable for everyone.

I am committed to using the influence of my office to overcome the numerous challenges facing the night time economy. However, it is important to note that City Hall does not have the power to intervene in licensing cases like the current situation with Fabric.

Clubbing needs to be safe. There have been two tragic deaths at Fabric over recent months and there are clearly issues that need addressing.

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/n...e_abuse_inside_farringdon_superclub_1_4674138

Fabric, the Metropolitan Police and Islington will of course have to take real action to protect the safety of everyone who enjoys a night out at the club.

My team have spoken to all involved in the current situation and I am urging them to find a common sense solution that ensures the club remains open while protecting the safety of those who want to enjoy London’s clubbing scene.

I welcome your call for us all to work together – City Hall, London’s music venues, local authorities, the police and others – to make our clubs safer while also protecting our night time economy.

Best wishes,

Sadiq Khan
Mayor of London.

I like this...

Would be interesting to see a statistic on just how many people each respected side had "through its doors" in that time period too

14199375_10153862909892816_4473300103151783751_n.jpg

From personal experience with Fabric I've found that on the way in they'll literally grope ya private region to see if youve got anything on you, and I saw multiple people being dragged off to be searched further once they'd had stuff found on them! Also the police in the smoking area situation, definitely seen that a few times before! I think they've covered their backs on this more than most clubs!

It just looks like prohibition making things worse in my eyes. The more drugs you take off people on the way in, the less actually legitimate drugs make their way in to the venue, and these dodgy pills get sold to those that couldnt then get their drugs in/were too scared to bring their drugs in in the first place. Dodgy pills galore! It's a recipe for disaster..

The question is.. what is the answer? :-/

Anyway, lets hope the place doesn't close! Too many a good time had! #Savefabric

The whole thing is wrong on so many accounts, disgraceful. Never been to the place myself, but this truly is a sad day for London's nightlife and underground dance music in general.

RIP Fabric :lighter:

gutted i could never make it, let alone play there

what a shit day, my thoughts are with you guys :lighter:

Yeah I feel a bit bad in taking the devils advocate stance in my OP to be honest, that post was really from the initial discussion phase on FB when nobody seemed to be taking a balanced view... A lot of my points still stand mind you, however, its clear now the political/economical agenda here is & was the real issue...

What the government/powers that be don't understand is, is that if they carry on with closing down the nightclubs of our cities, the subsequent rise of free parties & such will cause them significantly more problems than any clubs ever did... But then, they didn't care about that in the first place...

I've partied at Fabric since it opened in 1999 more times than I care to remember, it really is a very sad loss to a part of the UK's musical history. :lighter:

what the fuck... ive only been there 4 or 5 times .. now never again :( fuck sake

best nightclub in the world.. why close it?!?

fuckin stupid decision ..

tumblr_mn51iqrnAE1r4gei2o3_500.gif

Ich möchte als erster stehen gegen diese Tirade pathetisch Stöhnen von Drogenabhängige Kretins und gründlich begrüßen den Beschluss des Rates von Islington. Die Verderbnis, die diese Scheiße Loch eines Clubs hat London mit getrübt und vergiftet die Seelen von seiner kostbaren und sehr hübsche Kinder nie rückgängig gemacht werden. Ich danke Gott, dass die Kräfte im Vereinigten Königreich hatten das Gefühl, in die Tat umzusetzen, einen Plan, um das Leben der schönen und zarten Kinder aus der Stadt zu retten. Sobald Sie den Verlust eines wunderbaren und zarten Kindes erlebt haben, werden Sie auch nicht das wahre Gefühl von Verlust und Schmerz.

Ich für meinen Teil freue mich außerordentlich, dass Stoff für immer geschlossen sein, hoffentlich wegweisend für etwas weitaus positiver und konstruktiv, wenn es an seiner Stelle errichtet werden, eine Reihe von maßgeschneiderten unterirdischen Luxuswohnungen eine tolle Ergänzung zum Bereich zum Beispiel wäre.

Viel Liebe

Josef

Back
Top Bottom