Fabric et al....

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Moskit, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/15/fabri...losed-indefinitely-after-drug-deaths-6069836/

Obviously a wider issue here in terms of the majority of the major clubs in London being systematically closed down... 100% an ulterior motive in play by the council/government.

Here is my opinion from a FB thread, that really didn't have a lot of balance...

Its playing Devils Advocate a little, but still...

Just wanna add, its a crying shame our clubbling culture is being forcibly removed from us, it bought me some of the best years of my life, but since the scrutiny has become more intense, I think clubs have been very slow to react to what they were staring down the barrel of...

Opinions???

iamdjsimm likes this.
  2. SteveR94

SteveR94 RECORDING OMG STRONGLY

I've gotta agree with your post there, the fact that there have been 2 drug deaths in succession (while not the fault of the club, but rather the people in there) does raise some suspicion. I don't know what it's like as I've never been to Fabric, but the club could have implemented a tighter method of checking people to make sure there were no drugs in the area etc etc.

Crying shame that one of the most loved venues in the scene could potentially never open up again.

3. iamdjsimm

iamdjsimm Well-Known Member

Spot on !!!

4. Claus601

Claus601 Custom Title

Faggots that can't handle their drugs ruining shit for others, typical.

Mania, Catsel, Ozzwills and 3 others like this.
  5. Moskit

There is a level of that Claudiusz, yes, but I think the emphasis here is more on the club, knowing what culture exists within their premises, knowing there are some unscrupulous motherfuckers out there, knowing there are noobs gonna come take drugs at their club, knowing that the council/government are very actively trying to close down clubbing establishments...

I'm not even going to insinuate that Fabric were ever involved in the trade of drugs on their premises either, simply because there is no direct evidence to support that, but lets face it, anybody who started clubbing in the mid - late 90's knows from then till now, a fuck ton of clubs that were actively involved in selling on the premises, be it directly, or not...

It must be a very difficult position to be in & to manage from a physical & moral standpoint & that is an understatement I know.

But lets be brutally honest here... Where do 99% of people stash their drugs when they go into a club? In there fucking shoes... Every single person who has taken drugs in clubs knows this... If they were REALLY serious about curbing deaths etc, that's what they would implement, a RANDOM search of shoes... Not everybody, just people that are already munted etc etc...

Because the other flip side of this is & this is the sad part, the club would be pretty fucking empty if there were zero drugs in there/available lol, its a catch 22.

I feel for Fabric in this immensely, even though I am being critical...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  6. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

I agree with the point about catching dealers. People that want to have a good time and can moderate their drugs will do so and the venue would have to strip search everyone to catch them. To catch dealers you just send a few plain clothe cops / security into the dance floor and within 5 minutes you'll have grabbed a few people pushing their wares.

It will be a massive shame if Fabric closes because of this. Do they threaten to close down festivals when people die? No they give them more of a free ride.
    Whilst the government continues to see the consumption of drugs as a criminal activity this is the route that society will go down. Penalizing the premises as opposed to educating people and providing a controlled substance.

I won't make the argument about alcohol related deaths vs drug related ones as i suspect i will be preaching to the converted.

Fallen.GeMiNi, Dannyboy93 and Moskit like this.
  7. Claus601

Claus601 Custom Title

Yeah shutdown the clubs and push the drugs elsewhere that'll solve the problem

8. prettyherb

prettyherb O I

Ozzwills, Fallen.GeMiNi and Moskit like this.
  9. Moskit

:lol:

I would like to say it was intentional, but I'm really not that clever/funny... :violin:

10. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

Someone died in a car park the other day from a scag overdose, are they gonna shut the car park because there are people doing drugs in there? No

I personally find it ridiculous that they feel the need to shut a club due to drug deaths in there when drugs are everywhere, this day and age you can't escape it, if you live in London you can get any illegal substance you want with ease, so people could just be bringing drugs in the club from off the streets and taking them inside, and it's a ridiculous idea to check everyone's shoes, balls, arses etc etc to make sure they don't have drugs on them, where there is a will there is a way and people will find ways round it with these checks

It's using the club as a scape goat for the met polices poor control over the "war on drugs" (if there was no war on it in the first place and people were educated shit like this wouldn't happen as much as it does now) and the local council has other agendas rather than closing the club for safety of the people going, they don't give a fuck they just want to make it a "nicer" neighbourhood to sell more houses in the area

It's a load of bullshit in my opinion

11. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

Standard upper crust society bull shit. Everone knows drugs and dance music go hand in hand, everyone knows its gonna happen in the club or out of the club. We need to follow other countries and provide a non incriminating way for people to test their drugs. Any confiscated drugs from dealers should be tested and potency/content reports published in the club.

Although at risk of destroying my point, would i test my drugs? No. But i dont buy them from a random shotter in fabric.....

12. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

I never knew Harry was a dealer :teeth:

All things aside, its a shame this is the way things are going with some clubs. Seen some of the Playaz clan like Taxman and Sub Zero talking about this on FaceSpace too. Wonder what Playaz are going to do for a venue now

13. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I go to a dnb at cafes and basements. I hate you spoiled uk folks.

14. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

So do I and I prefer it to the big raves that used to happen in the past.

15. Ozzwills

Ozzwills New Member

Tbf, should it even be the clubs responsibility to enforce drug laws? Surely the burden should fall on the police? Or at least the security. As long as the actual venue is safe then thats enough isn't it?

Feel really sorry for Fabric though, it's not their fault the drug laws in this country are fucked

16. JPower

JPower Member

The thing is Fabric does have really thorough security search at the door, more than any other club i've been to. They do randomly check your shoes and do ball search you sometimes. I can't see them getting any stricter without the introduction of dogs at the door, which would only prompt people to do their drugs before they get in which wouldn't help matters.

I reckon making it an over 21s club which would mean you wouldn't get inexperienced teenagers who don't know their limits yet

17. beknoxx

beknoxx 7/11 7/11

As wild as my dude Danny is he is right on this one...all bull shit. Clubs can't police drugs there will always be a way. U could do the act outside the club and then od in the club....can't stop it. It's just bullshit tbh. U can't drink and drive but all clubs have parking lots don't they.....

Dannyboy93 likes this.
  18. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

19. Fallen.GeMiNi

Fallen.GeMiNi 3rd rate banger merchant

in b4 tl;dr

Fuck The Police

Moskit, SteveR94 and Dannyboy93 like this.
  20. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

Thing is people are going to take drugs and die from them as long as the government continues to be naive about drugs

They could ramp up the security everywhere, confiscate tons of drugs, send loads of people to jail, shut down everywhere... and people will still die and still take drugs, just we wont have any clubs left.

I dont see pubs being blamed for liver failure and stomachs being pumped and theyre the ones selling the fucking alcohol.

Dannyboy93 likes this.