Fabio & Grooverider back on the airwaves..

$pyto

Pavey Farms
VIP Junglist
Taken from Fabio's Bacefook:

Happy to announce that Fabio & Grooverider are finally back where they should be! On your airwaves....monthly instalment of Fab and Groove starts on Ministry of Sound Radio 9th July 7-9pm......then every 2nd tuesday of the month there after.....

MoS are doing really well for drum & bass at the moment imo. Nice variety

Will be listening mainly for Fabio, Groove was a regular shambles towards the end of his Radio 1 tenure

Shambles in what way?

Grooverider's sets may not be my type of thing these days, but I've got big respect for the Vets of the scene. Remember, these were the guys who were dragging vinyl boxes through muddy fields before jungle even took off...

Good news but who listens to Ministry of Sound Radio! Should be back on radio 1 imo

I like Groove yes ive heard him do some sloppy mixing but his sets are normally pretty sick

Shambles in what way?

Grooverider's sets may not be my type of thing these days, but I've got big respect for the Vets of the scene. Remember, these were the guys who were dragging vinyl boxes through muddy fields before jungle even took off...

Loved them both from the early early days but I got to say I miss:

1. Fabio playing proper liquid (not hospital shite but the proper soulful laidback vibes)
2. Grooverider playing them dark tunes of the mid to late 90's

Both lost their way a little in terms of selection in my own personal opinion

Shambles in what way?

Dont get me wrong mate I have the utmost respect for the both of them for their massive contributions in building a scene and even in getting me into it. I hsed to listen to their shows religiousely every saturday while waiting for my missus to finish work. But towards the end I had to stop listening to groove as both his selection and his interest seemed to go downhill.

Re: Fabio & Grooverider back on the airwaves..

Good news but who listens to Ministry of Sound Radio! Should be back on radio 1 imo

I like Groove yes ive heard him do some sloppy mixing but his sets are normally pretty sick

I do haha. Been a fan since Bryan G started doing it full time. His show's always vibes

Bailey is now back, just as good as his 1Xtra show but it's drivetime

Hospital are also on there, not my thing these days though. Do the Shogun lads still do a show on there as well? They seem to be on Rinse all the time these days

- - - Updated - - -

Loved them both from the early early days but I got to say I miss:

1. Fabio playing proper liquid (not hospital shite but the proper soulful laidback vibes)
2. Grooverider playing them dark tunes of the mid to late 90's

Both lost their way a little in terms of selection in my own personal opinion

I saw Fabio a couple of months back, at an Idiosynphonic night at Cable (RIP), and his sets was pure vibes! No cheese at all mate, some great Dave Owen & Random Movement bits got dropped

Groove has always been a top dancefloor DJ. The scene was different back then, he's just evolved his sound. Love him or hate him, he still gets crowds moving...

Back
Top Bottom