Fabio and Grooverider - Who's the better DJ/More Important to the Dnb(Now and Then?)

VersatileBJN

I just started listening to DnB about 3 years ago so I wasn't around when the genre was first developing. I know my history though. These guys are considered to be godfathers of the game.

I love their show and all that, but I haven't listened to their mixes outside of their recent one at the DnB awards(neither spinned many tunes that I was fan of so I didn't pay much attention).

Who's the better DJ? Mixing, selection, whatever. Also, who do you consider to be more important to the development of DnB as a legitimate genre of music?

Also curious if anyone has met either. They're both cool on the radio. Fabio seems like a more down to earth cat..less arrogant.

Re: Fabio and Grooverider - Who's the better DJ/More Important to the Dnb(Now and The

All about the rider.

Re: Fabio and Grooverider - Who's the better DJ/More Important to the Dnb(Now and The

YEAH BABY. CA CA CA CA CA CA CA. FABIOOOO BABYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Fabio is my man. Song selection really. Fabio & Grooverider together on the radio show is just pure jokes though...

In my opinion I would say that Fabio has become more important to the scene. Just really for him taking 'liquid' to where it is now and establishing it-I've got a lot to thank him for.
But they are both equally important in their own ways and their radio show has done big things for dnb...

Fabio has a much better selection in my opinion but rider is still a legend in his own right.

not really...neither of them are thats special atm

I like Fabio but he's well boring behind the decks...he came on immediately after marky when I saw him and the difference was ridiculous

fabio to be honest, he still draws amazing tunes liquid and jump up and groove just plays bait jump up although saying that it is grooverider so he can do what hte fuck he wants since he's been around so long

met grooverider at the first ram nite, he was nockin about and got a pic. seemed well safe not arrogant or anything.

They're both cool on the radio. Fabio seems like a more down to earth cat..less arrogant.

They're both cool in real life, out of the two Rider seemed more friendly to me.

not really...neither of them are thats special atm

Hmmmmmmm, apart from the fact that they do the Drum n' Bass show on national radio 1 at the moment and Fabio's label Creative Source has just released "Snake Fist"??

I would say that is quite special??

Hmmmmmmm, apart from the fact that they do the Drum n' Bass show on national radio 1 at the moment and Fabio's label Creative Source has just released "Snake Fist"??

I would say that is quite special??

seen and gunshots on the flip is big

id say rider is a better dj
they are both important - groove pioneered hardstep back in the day moving away from the jungle sound n that. His prototype label had big tunes - check out the prototype years album. fab pioneered the liquid sound and his creative source label had decent tunes. both doing radio1 for so long together but they do there own thing - influential.

groove pioneered hardstep back in the day moving away from the jungle sound n that

I'd say he pioneered the sound yes, but he didn't move away from the Jungle, not when he was releasing Mixes called 'The Hard Step Selection' in 1994 which included tunes such as L-Double-Retreat, Tom & Jerry-Maximum Style, LTJ Bukem-Music amongst others!

And then the year after 1995 he released 'The Hard Step Selection 2' which included Dextrous-Hot Flame, DJ Nut Nut-Special Dedication, Roni Size-Jazz Thing......so with those tunes and others on the mixes i wouldn't say he moved away from it when he was still playing it.

Im a fan of both but probably prfer Fabio sets.

Saw Grooverider walking round DnB awards last month, seemed pretty safe at the awards as well with his comments of come on now this shit is boring when doing the awards lol.

It's about time these two retired from the scene. Fabio's show was a joke on Sunday morning. There is no excuse for calling Sigma Stigma or for sounding drunk

If anyone from the BBC is listening please can you get rid of these clowns and bring back intelligent presenters who still love the music like Flight, not two washed up has-beens who sound bored on every show

Fabio and Grooverider - Who's the better DJ/More Important to the Dnb

Harry_Hill-1-245-250-85-nocrop.jpg

Theres only one way to find out!.......FIGHT!

Back
Top Bottom