Ezi fellas...

Lewis

I've been a member for a while but never really posted...
Into a lot of the liquid side of DnB...

Got a Merc 2.3 16 "cosworth" which im planning on fitting an audio install, currently running MB Quart 6.5" comps up front slick 2 way 6x9's on the rear shelf with a seperation between the sub so I dont blow the 6x9's on the rear shelf, still need to finish bits of HU is a pioneer DEH 3000 aux in and the box is 2.60 cubic with a single dual voice coil version 2 space subwoofer and monobox 4 vibe amp pushing it...

Not much to add, great site and just enjoy playing a lot of the old school DnB in the car....

Hi & Welcome

I had one of those Vibe sub/amp set-ups in my car but found it a bit quiet, and that was in a clio. Id imagine it would be even worse in a saloon, I'd advise you to have a look at some RE Audio subs, give them a clean 1000w (vibe equipment may say 1000w+ on the box but it is just a peak figure) and they REALLY sing, even in a saloon without a ski hatch.

Love those merc cossies though, got any pics?

I've been a member for a while but never really posted...
Into a lot of the liquid side of DnB...

Got a Merc 2.3 16 "cosworth" which im planning on fitting an audio install, currently running MB Quart 6.5" comps up front slick 2 way 6x9's on the rear shelf with a seperation between the sub so I dont blow the 6x9's on the rear shelf, still need to finish bits of HU is a pioneer DEH 3000 aux in and the box is 2.60 cubic with a single dual voice coil version 2 space subwoofer and monobox 4 vibe amp pushing it...

Not much to add, great site and just enjoy playing a lot of the old school DnB in the car....

Yes bruv! welcome!

Hi & Welcome

Love those merc cossies though, got any pics?

Yes, I have pictures, Ill post them in a minute, its far from stock...
Has a Nardi personal steering wheel and boss kit
Full recaro 2+2 electric leather
Still running the self leveling suspension at the rear but lowered via the SLS valve so takes it down around 20mm and the front is on koni shocks and HnR 40mm drop springs...
AMG monoblock 17" alloys on low profiles, the getrag dog leg 5 speed manual box has just had new bushes and so on, a lot of work done...
Very quick car, had it upto 142 and had to back off but will take her out again and see what she does...

Hope you dont mind, fair amount of pictures:
22 year old paint:

DSC02769.jpg

DSC02768.jpg

DSC02767.jpg

DSC02765.jpg

DSC02764.jpg

DSC02762.jpg

DSC02761.jpg

DSC02759.jpg

Bit arty:

DSC02757.jpg

DSC02756.jpg

Some inside shots:

DSC02752.jpg

DSC02754.jpg

DSC02751.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

DSC02568.jpg

DSC02571.jpg

DSC02559.jpg

Engine close up:

1.jpg

Last edited:
I havent been just go to some meetings/GTG, been santa pod etc...
The car has been around the ring but thats when it was owned by the last owner, Its also had a top end engine rebuild so really does pull...

Looking very nice, I'd be tempted by the 2.5 version. Do the 2.3's not rust or has it been cured? Did you get it on the strip at pod?

Looking very nice, I'd be tempted by the 2.6 version. Do the 2.3's not rust or has it been cured? Did you get it on the strip at pod?

Quickest version except for the 3.2 AMG model and limited run of 502 EVO 1 and EVO2 models are the 2.5 16...
The 2.6 is a good all rounder, more of a mile eater and not all that quick...
If you want a raw and revy motor it has to be the 2.3, the 2.5 version is more refined and only the first 1989 G reg 2.5's had the cosworth head...
Thereafter mercedes produced the head using the blueprints from cosworth, my head has "coscast" stamped on it...

The 2.3 16 is quick can rev upto 8,000rpm with the limiter removed but the limiter is set at around 7,500rpm...
This is a four pot while the 2.6 is a 6 pot so doesnt have that raw feel...
Its all down to what you prefer....
Being 1986 this is one of the early ones and is very solid but most are rotten mine is only solid because it been waxoiled and looked after...
There are some dogs out there so you have to be careful when looking for one...
Both the 2.3 and 2.5 are good engines but I prefer the 2.3, 2.5's also rust (jacking points and so on) but not as bad as a 2.3 would...

Im thinking of chaning my wheels for some EVO 2/R129 SL wheels as they were fitted to those...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom