Eyes of a Deluded Psychopath

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
So this is my second attempt at a DnB track. Please take the time to leave me some valuable feedback.

I am still in the process of learning the mastering side of things so it may not be up to scratch in that department, and I have no musical experience, or background, so learning is just a case of trial and error!

http://soundcloud.com/mr-fletch/eyes-of-a-deluded-psychopath

Last edited:
the bass sounds very elementary at the intro. it makes a lot more sense with the drums, so maybe wait to introduce it until the kit comes in? it is also quite repetitive for a while. the introduction of the second bass sound is good, and i think your drum sequencing is good. the drums could, however, use more impact. i think you could use more sounds to fill out some interest, but overall this is a really good second effort. i also have no musical training (well, free piano lessons came on my new computer, so i started those!), so i can feel you there. this is a great effort, just needs a little polish - keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm still trying to get to grips with the mastering side of things. And I'm the 1st to admit I have issues when it comes to adding small sounds to a track, I tend to over repeat them, or choose the wrong sound (if you understand what I mean)

I also have the problem when writing music, I have something in my head, but when I get to creating it, it sounds completely different!

But we all gotta learn somewhere right? This is my second attempt at DnB, and I have promised myself that I will not give up, and I will learn and progress as best I can

absolutely keep it up. your description of your situation is the same as mine! i used to produce a few years ago with my college roommate, and i am just 3 month back to it after a few years off. i am having to relearn quite a bit. i have the exact same issues you talk about (proof: http://soundcloud.com/msmith222). i need to work on the very things i suggested to you - that's how i knew to suggest them! anyway, you are right, we all gotta learn somewhere!

I've actually found that producing with someone else is mostly a better experience, especially if you are both into the music you are creating. I have a friend who sometimes joins me in the production (although not enough). He has fl studio 8, same as me, and understands how to produce too. I think that two minds work better than one, and something you may not be able to get right, they can, and vice versa!

I've actually found that producing with someone else is mostly a better experience, especially if you are both into the music you are creating. I have a friend who sometimes joins me in the production (although not enough). He has fl studio 8, same as me, and understands how to produce too. I think that two minds work better than one, and something you may not be able to get right, they can, and vice versa!

you would think that but you have to be careful who u work with, if id askd any of my mates to produce a track with me itd slow me down shitloads and there would be a load of cheesy synth presets ruining shit

but yeah man anyway your tracks cool man, well for a second attempt its very good. drum cuts are good. just yeah u need a bit more going into it, more effects to change it up a bit as the song goes along, just so it doesnt get so boring.

keep at it! onwards and upwards

Thanks Lucid, I really appreciate the feedback. I think I really need to focus on breaks and small noises rather than overall sounds. Oh, where do I start lol!

You got the general idea there man

Needs more fx and such around it too really fill the track out

Keep working it bro good stuff :)

SO I'm gonna go all out here, and ask you lovely people how often, when building a track yourself, would you place fx? say for example you have a scrape, or something like that, and you want to use it to add a little variation to an intro, every 8 bars? 16? or just really random to keep people guessing?

I'm pretty new to the whole thing, but am really finding it interesting and enjoyable, the more I can learn, the better!

I think the Perc is pretty jammin. The bline is interesting as well... although I'd love to hear some Filter Mod on it... at least on the Cutoff (for instance, every 32/64 you could do do some twisting to make some interesting fills).

Overall, there aren't enough elements to hold my interest... unless a super minimal sound is what you're aiming for.

The Prod sounds pretty decent.
:keepatit:

I think the Perc is pretty jammin. The bline is interesting as well... although I'd love to hear some Filter Mod on it... at least on the Cutoff (for instance, every 32/64 you could do do some twisting to make some interesting fills).

Overall, there aren't enough elements to hold my interest... unless a super minimal sound is what you're aiming for.

The Prod sounds pretty decent.
:keepatit:

liquid aint my thing so i don't know what to suggest on making this tune more liquidy or whatever.... but as proto says the percussion is wicked... just need this teamed up with some beefy lead kicks and snare to flow it through!

Back
Top Bottom