Extra Bar on intro of 'Act like you know'...

S

Subsonicdeejay1

Just noticed there's an extra 'odd' bar on the intro of the release version which Fucks up the mix if you double drop it from the 1st Drop! After 32 bars of it in the mix it switches a bar early! Gay!
Anyone else pick up on this? The dub version didn't have this extra bar.

I'm sure I heard someone play it and I remember hearing the extra 4 beats. Its all good. More of a challenge eh?

Havent got this yet but I will be picking up as soon as the download comes out.
Tunes like that make mixing more interesting though man.

yeah, clocked this on monday when fazer was droppin it. we both looked at each like, 'hold up, that's not right, is it?'

proof is in the puddin.

Last edited:
yer it makes it almost impossible to double drop meaning they want it to be an opener... all be it an opener that cant be double dropped until after the breakdown. lol

I havn't heard it,but i have 2 tunes wich are a pain when mixing both drop onn odd bars i think too early,one is drumsound and bassline smith-body pump on the second drop,and the other is majistrate and nicol-elite unit.correct me if im wrong?

just start your mix a bar later than usual???? am i the only one that doesnt see this as a problem??

lol nah u cant cos its not that the whole tune that is pushed back 4 bars... its just the phrase as it drops... so if u were to drop it 4 bars later than u shud, act like you know will switch into its 2nd phrase 4 bars earlier than the cued track causing the prob again... so yer u can do it u will just have to drop it 4 1 phrase (well 4 bars short of a phrase) before switching to either of the tunes... of curs u can just drop the cued track so it drops a phrase after the drop... or vice versa.

I noticed this the other day as well.

I'm sure I have come across a couple of tunes in the past that have done this but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

lol nah u cant just drop it later cos its not that the whole tune that is pushed back 4 bars... its just the phrase as it drops (so that phrase is cut short of 4 bars before the end returning to the normal structure)... so if u were to drop it 4 bars later than u shud, act like you know will switch into its 2nd phrase 4 bars earlier than the cued track causing the prob again... so yer u can do it u will just have to drop it 4 1 phrase (well 4 bars short of a phrase) before switching to either of the tunes... of curs u can just drop the cued track so it drops a phrase after the drop... or vice versa.

im assuming all of u lot saying that its not hard or woteva dont have this tune cos u dnt seem to realise...

i agree most tunes that have odd little bits like that arnt hard but this is a particular stinker

Back
Top Bottom