External soundcard

Psychoholic

Quantum Cunt
VIP Junglist
Hi,
My onboard soundcard sucks donkeyballs that have been laying in the soil for 3 weeks. So i'm looking for a good external one since I'm using a laptop, was thinking about the "AKAI EIE Pro USB audio interface" has some nice features and also midi in and out for my syntheeh. Any thoughts on that or perhaps some suggestions on external soundcards? (Also will use it for vocal and instrument recording from time to time.)
akai_eie_pro_usb_audio_interface_angle.jpg

Cheers.

Yeah that AKAI EIE is a nice looking piece of kit. I've never used it personally, but there seems to be a good deal of in/out options. The VU meters are a lovely touch as well.

Roland has a pair of nice interfaces in the Quad Capture and Octa-Capture. I used a quad-capture for a bit and really enjoyed it.

I've heard great things about Focusrite, but again, I've never personally had hands-on experience with one.

If you're on a Mac, look into the Apogee stuff. Pricey, but quite amazing–the Duet 2 is my current weapon of choice.

Cheers.

Just adding to Losts post I've got the focusrite saffire6, fantastic piece of kit and conservatively priced too. Heavy duty feel, fantastic drivers (recommended by 2 friends AND Digital Village) however I agree the meters are a nice touch.

Just adding to Losts post I've got the focusrite saffire6, fantastic piece of kit and conservatively priced too. Heavy duty feel, fantastic drivers (recommended by 2 friends AND Digital Village) however I agree the meters are a nice touch.

This. I have a 6 USB and love it, brilliant bit of kit and the preamps are amazing!

Sent from mans Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk.

the saffire 6 really is a great piece of kit. when you first plug it in its like youve got a whole new set of speakers. the difference is rediculous. the lack of vu metres puts some people off, but you can monitor the levels in you daw so to me its a pointless accesory. at around 110quid you really cant go wrong. plenty of instrument ins too!

Back
Top Bottom