External or Internal soundcard

DJHarri

I am building a new computer and considering all of the internal soundcards I could buy to replace the stock one on the motherboard. Can anyone suggest a high quality one for recording my vinyl mixes? Was thinking recently that maybe buying a decent external audio interface might be a better idea? Anyone have any opinions on this? Thanks,

Harry

In my opinion an external soundcard/audio interface is the better option. It also depends on what you are doing, are you just recording your mixes or are you producing tracks too? If you are just recording your mixes you can go the cheaper route and get something like the Behringer U-PHONO UFO202 or U-CONTROL UCA202 - simple, wallet safe units that do what you are looking for. If you are producing however I recommending getting something a bit pricer such as an M-Box.

I only record mixes, don't produce any music myself. So, I am also heading towards the external option. However,

I actually own a UFO202 and use it to record mixes atm. The problem I have is that the sound quality is not really as high as I would like it. I figure because my current (cheap) laptop has a rubbish intergrated sound card that this was the problem. I would imagine that the latest motherboards will have much better sound intergrated into them (I'm looking at the P67's as soon as they are re-released with the B3 patch).

EMU 0202USB, I have one for my internet laptop and it is a massive step up from any
motherboard audio card, the hiss is non existent and the sound much much smoother
in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom