External hardrives

dj freezy

Conman
Hows it going everyone i'm looking to buy a new external hardrive and wanted to know if you guys can recommend a reliable one that will not break on me after a few months and preferably 1tb and up :)

Unfortunately the cable it comes with is only a foot long so you're limited as to where you can put it. Does anyone know where I can get a longer one it's usb to whatever that hole is below (kinda odd)..

l_17853528_003.jpg

Can you use thunderbolt drives? I have a 4gig setup to use as my backup, its amazingly fast :D.
Just had a look at those and they look the bomb :)

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately the cable it comes with is only a foot long so you're limited as to where you can put it. Does anyone know where I can get a longer one it's usb to whatever that hole is below (kinda odd)..

l_17853528_003.jpg
this is the one i was looking to get, all the reviews look great for it

Yea, I have the WD My Passport, using a mac, and it works fucking great! the cord that comes with it is pretty short, but you can find USB extension cables on the cheap at almost ANY up to date electronics retailer.

If you're looking for an external drive to use as storage for samples or projects, look for one with a high RPM and significant cache size. I purchase all my external drives from OWC. The Elite series is amazing in terms of speed and reliability. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom