EXTERNAL AUDIO RECORDING IN FL

Dan M

hard gay northern bear
VIP Junglist
I've got a good quality mic and i wish to record vocal samples into FL.

I've jus been reading the FL Bible at (at work... tut tut.) and cant make heads or tails of what half of it means.

Am pretty much self taught and so not very familiar with some of the technicalities.

Any simple instructions will suffice.

Many thanks

not sure mate, i think u can do it straight in to pc, try both

google audacity

its audio recording software. its free! really easy to use a mic with. saves files as wavs. then drag the wav n put it in a fruity sampler!

see the thing is av downloaded audacity but its sayin its an unactivated version and to activate it you gotta pay.

there must be a simple way to record straight to fruity.

anyone plz

what your def gonna need if you dont have it, is some form of external control for your mic, ie: an audio interface with Mic pre-amps - or a mixer with mic pre's that has a usb connection, or an audio interface. the ideal set up would be -
MIC > PRE AMP > MIXER > COMPUTER or...
MIC > INTERFACE/PRE > COMPUTER

yourgonna want to convert the analog signal coming from the mic into digital data interpreted by your computer..... sorry if your already aware of this!

this will require the audio interface with Mic inputs, and Phantom power if its a condenser mic (requires power to operate)

i would def recommend a condenser mic if your recording vocals or acoustic guitar - you can use a shure SM57 (ind standard mic, v good) too, and this dont require any phantom either

hope that helps bro

dan, you need a condensor mic, you got a stage mic .. and you need an audio interface to run it through that has phantom power, i just got an amzing condensor mic . just ogtta get a standard p.c. set up , an audio interface .. pop shield and mic stand and im gunna work on some hiphop, see what i can come up with ..

Fl Studio is not for recording vocals, you can , but it will sound shit.. you want either audacity , or cool edit . and not a usb mic, ignore anyone that says that.

if you using the microphone that you used to use, thats a dynamic mic ( stage mic ) , you want a condenser mic , particularly for recording vocals, big difference between the two. ive got loads of info on decent mics and audio intrefaces, that will act as a mic pre-amp with phantom power built in to run your condenser. all depends what you want to do mate.

Fl Studio is not for recording vocals, you can , but it will sound shit.. you want either audacity , or cool edit . and not a usb mic, ignore anyone that says that.
power built in to run your condenser. all depends what you want to do mate.

Thats bollocks. its just the same what you record it with software wise, it's all about the AD conversion or if you prefer, audio interface/mic preamp and how you mix it. 32bit DAW hosts dont really alter your sound at all. Software only comes to play when you think of workflow and what suits your production style, not sound.

Thats bollocks. its just the same what you record it with software wise, it's all about the AD conversion or if you prefer, audio interface/mic preamp and how you mix it. 32bit DAW hosts dont really alter your sound at all. Software only comes to play when you think of workflow and what suits your production style, not sound.

well kama please elaborate on the easiest way to achieve this please mate, you always have good input

i would def recommend a condenser mic if your recording vocals or acoustic guitar - you can use a shure SM57 (ind standard mic, v good) too, and this dont require any phantom either

This already said. The quality of sound has got to do with what you plug the mic into - you will need an audio interface if you dont have one. Something like this to start things cheap. Check a retailer for something suiting your price class and then dig up a few reviews of it to know if that suits your needs (simple 1 channel mic recording). If not, rinse and repeat as necessary.

Plug in the mic, go to FL mixer channel you want to record to (you can leave effecting for later maybe) and click on the "in" part on the right side of the mixer - select the mic channel. Then click on the diskette icon in the bottom of the channel strip and select the name you want this recording to have. press rec, play and go rap.

or, if you want really good vocals do it the proper way - make your beat in fruity to a good standard and chuck it on disc - take that to a studio you've hired for a few hours and use there equipment. that will be better than any home studio set up

This already said. The quality of sound has got to do with what you plug the mic intoQUOTE]

and the quality of the Mic your using to begin with!
shit mic = shit sound

top studios will spend thousands on one mic, for good reason - the build and sound quality

if you have a fantastic interface n stuff and shit mic, it will still sound shit at the end of the day

that Line 6 interface looks quite good though, 24bit 96khz jobbage, how much they go for then?

This already said. The quality of sound has got to do with what you plug the mic into - you will need an audio interface if you dont have one. Something like this to start things cheap. Check a retailer for something suiting your price class and then dig up a few reviews of it to know if that suits your needs (simple 1 channel mic recording). If not, rinse and repeat as necessary.

Plug in the mic, go to FL mixer channel you want to record to (you can leave effecting for later maybe) and click on the "in" part on the right side of the mixer - select the mic channel. Then click on the diskette icon in the bottom of the channel strip and select the name you want this recording to have. press rec, play and go rap.

thanks mate. thats exactly what was needed

so, are you gunna be digging out old mc lyrics of your to go over your sets ?? is this the return of D:COY !! i remember well ,

so, are you gunna be digging out old mc lyrics of your to go over your sets ?? is this the return of D:COY !! i remember well ,

please forget.

as mentioned earlier in the horizon thread i was a fuckpleb

am gonna try and do this tonight.

basically av got an amp hooked up to my pc and my monitors, now the amp is where i'll be pluggin in my mic as my pc doesnt have a large enuf plug. so my set up is...

pc///amp///monitors
.......\ /
......mic

how would i record from this in fruity? ie obviously the mic is gonna always be at the same volume as the fruity output. . any help please.

Back
Top Bottom