External Audio Interface

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Smuush, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Smuush

Smuush New Member

Hi, I'm looking for a external soundcard/audio interface to put into the my setup so I can use traktor with timecode cds.

I was wondering if anyone has a setup like this and would recommend a a certain soundcard. I've read that you need more than 4 input/outputs for timecode to work with my traktor and my cdjs?..

My current setup:

2 x CDJ800 MK1
    DJM250 mixer
    Macbook Pro

Any help on how to set this up and what soundcard I should invest in would be awesome.

2. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

Pretty sure you have to use a traktor brand soundcard to use traktor.

3. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

instead of starting a new thread... is an external soundcard and an audio interface the same? also what one recommend? i have a mac i use logic but main i would something to usb to stream on mixlr /ustream as my mic in on my mac is fucked

4. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Technically any soundcard with appropriate number of inputs can be used with dvs software.

BUT latency, sound quality and reliability are the 3 big factors.

Ive said it before and i'll say it again, you want a budget dvs, get iScratch Mixlive. Nothing comes close to the price (can usually be picked up for around £50)

Dont try hacking together a soundcard, rca splitters, timecodes etc etc. By the time youve bought all the kit you'll be looking at spending the same amount as iScratch costs anyway.

If i couldnt have afforded serato i'd still be rocking iScratch. COuldnt fault it at all. Almost feel like a mug shelling out for SL4 when the £50 budget dvs did the job fine. lol.

5. Smuush

Smuush New Member

Sorry back again. I've got the audio 4 dj but I'm struggling on how to set up it up.

There's no easy support on how to set a mixer with two CDJs with timecode on it. Could nay give me a point int he right direction in how to connect up the audio 4 DJ with the mixer and cdjs to use with traktor?

6. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI