exs24 filter ¿¿¿¿

hooka

yo yo

ive got my lead runnin through the exs24 and i stupidly thought id automate the filter within the exs24, now once bounced it sounds completely different?? almost like the resonance has shot up!

the answer is probs to redo it using one of the filters on the channel strip.

but i got it soundin exactly how i wanted in the exs24 !!

any help much appreciated

Ah i see, that's strange that the bounce hasn't kept all that automation, it usually does. Have you checked that the automation hasnt got all jumbled up cos that can happen loads when moving/copying stuff around.

Clutchin at straws here tho chap :(

appreciate the help big fella!!

no idea whats goin on, the automations fine. sounds fine in the tune its just when its bounced!!

not to worry ive done it the long way round (opened four exs24's with different cut off)

cheers 4 replyin thou :)

Was the problem that it sounded different from when you ran it 'live' in logic with the automation being read - To when you bounced it and played it back as audio?

Because I've had this happen with other automated settings on synths.
The automation sounded fine (for eg) for the cutoff of the ES2 opening/closing etc in real time.

But then I bounced the whole tune and the automation more or less disappeared or was really apparent in no consistant manner.
Pretty weird and I can't really get my head round it.

Have you tried bouncing it in realtime so you can hear whats happening when its bounced?

I bounce all my tunes in real time (to see what's happening!!) and it still happened to the finished product but sounded fine when bouncing?!
Bit of a headfuck really.

Logic can be a spastic though. You ever have problems with the delays features? Mine sometimes randomly cuts out mid delay and then starts it again in a completely random place. Friggin Annoying!!!

yea i bounced just a bar of it by itself to see what a gwan.

it just sounded screwed, like someone sneaked in to my exs24 an turned the resonance up !?!?

logic does seem to have lil hissy fits occasionally..

Are you running 9 with the latest update? There's loads of mental little bugs in it, that if you didn't realize were there - you wouldn't be none the wiser!
I know that statement sounds a bit backwards, but makes sense when you start to do something and you think 'oh, I must be doing something wrong/It mustn't work like that' when it's just a shitty little bug that they haven't fixed, or somehow reintroduced with this update.

Have you tried to freeze the track first and then bounce down?
Also what Automation mode are you in when bouncing down Read/Write/Touch/Latch?
Alos what settings are you suing to bounce?

Also have encountered this before with volume automation in logic 8, I selected a few bars extra either side of my track and bounced it down and it was fine. Also turn Plugin Delay Compensation on as well.

Back
Top Bottom