Exporting breaks in fl studio

padders

Whenever I export my beats to wav. (so that i can put them into fruity slicer) they always sound really weak compared to my orginal. When I export them I use render audio file is this not a good way of doing? Cheers for any help

export your breaks from what? what u makin ure beats on?
if u make the break in FL, no need to wack it in a slicer surely?

anyway try messing arround with the adsr settings maybe its just a split second tweak needed, maybe the pitch is too high? bpm too fast etc.......

personally i wouldnt export a break id made then re-import it into slice.

Well I make my beats in the stepper of fl studio, so i will have I dunno around 10 channels open for kicks, snares, hats, high passed breaks etc. So if I wanna chop my break up is it not better to put export it and put it back into the fruity slicer? Is that not easier than making a number of different patterns using the orignal hits? I dunno thats just way i normally done it am I missing a trick here? Is there a way of getting all the hits into slicer without exporting it as one wav?

Last edited:
Well I make my beats in the stepper of fl studio, so i will have I dunno around 10 channels open for kicks, snares, hats, high passed breaks etc. So if I wanna chop my break up is it not better to put export it and put it back into the fruity slicer? Is that not easier than making a number of different patterns using the orignal hits? I dunno thats just way i normally done it am I missing a trick here? Is there a way of getting all the hits into slicer without exporting it as one wav?

your not missing a trick, its just how i work, and my breaks dont sound shit lol just messing :D

i keep my main single hits in the step sequencer, only put breakbeats into the slicer, then alter the single hits as and when, its only a case of having 1 extra channel with a different pattern on it.

dont know about the whole straight to the slicer without exporting thing, you probably can.

your not missing a trick, its just how i work, and my breaks dont sound shit lol just messing :D

i keep my main single hits in the step sequencer, only put breakbeats into the slicer, then alter the single hits as and when, its only a case of having 1 extra channel with a different pattern on it.

dont know about the whole straight to the slicer without exporting thing, you probably can.

same here...

im also exporting my breaks after i put them together. just to not have half of the mixer channels showing some snares and kicks. i layer them together in send channels and export the different channels as a wav. i then put them as soundfiles into the next fl project and put them together again - all "properly" eqd and compressed so that i dont have to put any effects on them afterwards (to keep cpu power ;)).

then i "slice" them up with the cutter on the playlist. think that the sound stays more original this way and that i have more control over the cutting, as i can cut every "channel" on its own rather than having to slice the whole break!

FL has this 'feature'. It's really bollox if you ask me, the main reason I'm thinking of moving to other sequencers, I'd really expect what you hear is what you get... You can go around it however: When you import the bounced bit, just turn the imported channel's volume all the way up (from the step sequencer, not the mixer).

...if were talkin about the same thing of course...

Back
Top Bottom