Exported sound on Fl studio messes stereo imaging and overall sound quality

herahad99

Basically what says in the title. A while ago I downloaded Asio 4all drive (since my pc doesn't have an asio drive incorporated) and I was really happy because the sound got a lot clearer, stereo was much more noticeable (I mean the track sounds wider), overall sound quality was better.

The problem is when I export the track, that crispiness and sound quality disappears. Everything sounds muddy, weak, mono and dull. I've searched and read some threads about Fl studio render, read the manual and nothing seems to help me. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and how to fix it. This is really discouraging because when I'm producing a track, it sounds pretty good, everything is in place, it's clean, powerful, etc... When I export it (I allways export to wav) the track sounds completely different.

Well, using asio4all driver shouldn't have affected the sound quality in any way. If it did, something is causing that. Your previous driver may have been processing the sound in some way.

After you have exported the track, what are you using to play it back?

Nothing should change during the export process. My guess is you are using the asio4all driver when making the track, but then playing it back in a program like windows media player or itunes, and it's that program which is then processing the sound in some way using a different driver.

I'm using itunes.I guess since I've downloaded asio 4all I have been producing to a completely different sound standard than the real one if the driver isn't supposed to affect the sound quality. You're right, there must something going in with the original driver. Oh well... thanks

Play the exported file back in different places, like burn it to CD and play it in a car, or use a different media player.

When you are playing files back, you won't beusing asio4all anymore, you will be using your soundcards drivers. Find the settings for your soundcard and make sure it's not adding anything. Creative Labs soundcards often have a bunch of things that can mess up sound, like Xfi or virtual surround.

you might veen have your speaker config setup incorrectly.

Play the exported file back in different places, like burn it to CD and play it in a car, or use a different media player.

When you are playing files back, you won't beusing asio4all anymore, you will be using your soundcards drivers. Find the settings for your soundcard and make sure it's not adding anything. Creative Labs soundcards often have a bunch of things that can mess up sound, like Xfi or virtual surround.

you might veen have your speaker config setup incorrectly.

^^^ This ^^^
Normally Asio4all is pretty robust , I never have issues with it .
I also find playback on other devises to be good referencing as I'm not using the same soundcard/settings etc

You were right. I tried other speakers and the asio 4all driver didn't change the sound quality. I reconnected the others and turns out I had audio enhancement and surround sound activated and it was messing with the sound. Thanks for the answers, I hope the day I get studio monitors and a decent soundcard arrives soon :D

I had a similar mistake with Window's Media Player's equalizer being set to some ridiculous setting once. What a pain.

Back
Top Bottom