Export = Volume Drop

Krispy

VIP Junglist
When I am working on a tune inside Ableton it sounds loud, decent, everything works.... But when I export it is wierd, it's like everything drops in volume and loses some sound quality...

Am I doing something wrong when I export? WHat bitrate etc... do people usually export at?

I know when converting to mp3's to make it a "320"

For me there is a huge difference when I listen to anything through my audio interface, to when I listen something through the built-in soundcard of my computer. The difference is immense. I thought 1 track had a bitcrusher on the bass but it was just the piece of shit sound chip - which also has the "ability" to take up 1 of my pci-e slots ffs and it wont work without the card in the slot either. Its so much bullshit i tell you.

well, i've never used ableton, but...

in logic, the bounce function has a check box for "normalize." this is checked by default, and with it checked i have had similar experiences to what you describe. i always leave it unchecked now, and haven't had that issue anymore. maybe ableton has a similar feature?

yes ableton does have that feature and you might be right about that
i forgot about that box and i think ableton has normalize on by default
good idea

just try re-importing the bounce and a-b ing with the mix. if they're the same volume in the DAW then you know nothings wrong

Back
Top Bottom