experimental / new sound thread

Discussion in 'Production' started by miszt, Aug 17, 2010.

1. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

Heard or made a new sound/style/experimental weirdness? post it up!

Nosia was what brought me back to dnb a few years ago, very diffrent to anything i'd heard before, although obviously not so diffrent now....need to hear new sounds, no genre limits, doesnt even have to be dnb, just diffrent, interesting, exciting, whatever...

2. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

I'm actually a hardcore fan of panacea, even thought he sometimes fails completely (creatch from his new EP...), I love his style, is between cavaret and hard-as-f*ck drum and bass
    Check "The Panacea - Chiropteran" for some innovation on dnb, the cavaret rythm! (it's slightly like that clowny step from jump up) hahaha

3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i dig the new autonomic/minimal side of drum and bass, its rekindled my love for the music

---------- Post added at 08:10 ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 ----------

i listened to a bunch of panacea tunes from the chiropteran LP and i have to say there is some pretty nifty stuff on there, like 'the puritan' which is really dark and 'omg bleeps' with limewax which sounds like really scary techno. last time i saw panacea live was in utrecht 4 years ago, i got my ass kicked that night. good times.

4. mini_molko

mini_molko Member

Hmmm, if you're feeling the heavier stuff, like Panacea, check out Receptor... Very experimental! Crematorium's a crazy tune.
    Xilent's making some wicked neuro, check out Dislocation by him.
    Also, check out Martsman - Antique Attic
    And Billain for some deep, techy neuro.

All pretty experimental I'd say.

As for different genres... Check out Eskmo for some really textured, psychedelic dubstep. He makes the most intense sounds.

Also, Afghan headspin are probably my favourite breaks artist at the moment, have a ganders at '5 Years 10 Years' - such a tune. Vent are also making some pretty full-on Nu-skool breaks.

I'm sure there's more, but cannae think of them right now.

5. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

ASSS baby. what a tune!!!

and dont let yourself get annoyed because of the strange intro. youll miss out!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015