experimental / new sound thread

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
Heard or made a new sound/style/experimental weirdness? post it up!

Nosia was what brought me back to dnb a few years ago, very diffrent to anything i'd heard before, although obviously not so diffrent now....need to hear new sounds, no genre limits, doesnt even have to be dnb, just diffrent, interesting, exciting, whatever...

I'm actually a hardcore fan of panacea, even thought he sometimes fails completely (creatch from his new EP...), I love his style, is between cavaret and hard-as-f*ck drum and bass
Check "The Panacea - Chiropteran" for some innovation on dnb, the cavaret rythm! (it's slightly like that clowny step from jump up) hahaha

i dig the new autonomic/minimal side of drum and bass, its rekindled my love for the music

---------- Post added at 08:10 ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 ----------

i listened to a bunch of panacea tunes from the chiropteran LP and i have to say there is some pretty nifty stuff on there, like 'the puritan' which is really dark and 'omg bleeps' with limewax which sounds like really scary techno. last time i saw panacea live was in utrecht 4 years ago, i got my ass kicked that night. good times.

Hmmm, if you're feeling the heavier stuff, like Panacea, check out Receptor... Very experimental! Crematorium's a crazy tune.
Xilent's making some wicked neuro, check out Dislocation by him.
Also, check out Martsman - Antique Attic
And Billain for some deep, techy neuro.

All pretty experimental I'd say.

As for different genres... Check out Eskmo for some really textured, psychedelic dubstep. He makes the most intense sounds.

Also, Afghan headspin are probably my favourite breaks artist at the moment, have a ganders at '5 Years 10 Years' - such a tune. Vent are also making some pretty full-on Nu-skool breaks.

I'm sure there's more, but cannae think of them right now.

Back
Top Bottom