Exit presents Mosaic Volume 1 (EXITLP005/EXITCD005)

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
http://www.stholdings.co.uk/2010/09/28/exit-records-present-mosaic-volume-1/

With so much good music arriving in the Exit inbox it was decided that a various artist project was needed to ensure that it all sees the light of day and doesn’t get caught up in a never ending schedule of singles.

As normal with Exit Records, there’s no prejudice in the track selection. Well known producers such as Skream, Instra:mental, Scuba and Commix rub shoulders with some inspiring new talents such as Indigo, Synkro, Mode and Code 3. The theme of the album is quality timeless music, whether it be a dance floor killer such as Systems ‘Observation Point’ or Loxy and Resounds ‘Vertigo’ through to the tangerine dreamlike sounds of Croms ‘Invisible Cities’ or Stray’s ‘pushed’, this album truly represents the more experimental side of Drum and Bass as opposed to the crash bang wollop which seems to be the only side of Drum and Bass portrayed by the mainstream media today.

Hopefully this album will manage to reach the people that thought this forward thinking music was left behind in the nineties and let them know that it’s still alive and well and still capable of throwing up some surprising and unpredictable results.

Limited information, tracklists etc to come soon, but the formats and schedule will be as follows:

* Two seperate 2-track 12″/10″ Samplers [EXIT025/026]
* 4×12″ Gatefold LP version [EXITLP005]
* 2xCD version [EXITCD005]

I am very excited about this release. Can't wait to see what delights the tracklists hold. this is a definite buy on sight project for me

Its good, but would be better with the inclusion of someone other then skream.

However, niggles aside, this will be in the bag for sure.

Instant purchase for me. I presume Mosaic is the new name? Thought this album was gonna be called 'The Black Pocket' initially?

Hench release! Think there's a System tune on this aswell. Very strong series from Exit as usual!

Apparenty confirmed for it:

Consequence - Splinter
Croms - Invisible Cities
Dan Habarnam – Nu Este Roz
dBridge - Rendezvous
dBridge - Decayed
Indigo - Time
Instra:Mental - Scene 23
Scuba - Into
Skeptical - Another World
Skream - Fire Call
Stray - Pushed
Synkro - Open Arms
Abstract Elements - Essence Of Time
Loxy & Resound - Vertigo
System - Observation Point

This is gunna be massive. Was hoping Indigo - Time and Skream - Fire Call would be on this. Instant buy

CD 1

1. Scuba – In_2
2. Stray – Pushed
3. Distance – Fading
4. dBridge – Forgot What I Needed to Forget
5. Synkro – Open Arms
6. dBridge – Rendezvous
7. Dan Harbanham – Nu Este Roze
8. dBridge – Decayed
9. Consequence – Splinter
10. ASC – Modular Concepts
11. Croms – Invisible Cities