Exit 10

I had to fight my way in to room one most of the night and when I got in there for the start of BC i just told anyone near me to fuck off. I soon got a fair bit of space.

How to make yourself look like a complete cunt in two sentences. Bet you didn't say it to anyone bigger than you?

:tosser:

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you think because you know Andy C you have more of a right to be there than everyone else?

How to make yourself look like a complete cunt in two sentences. Bet you didn't say it to anyone bigger than you?

:tosser:

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you think because you know Andy C you have more of a right to be there than everyone else?

Where did I say that?

Fair enough, I didnt explicitly tell people to fuck off (apart from when riddims were dropped of course) but it was so rammed i there it felt like you find a way to get any form of space to enjoy yourself, many did the same

Where did I say that?

Fair enough, I didnt explicitly tell people to fuck off (apart from when riddims were dropped of course) but it was so rammed i there it felt like you find a way to get any form of space to enjoy yourself, many did the same

I did it, I made space for myself and I'm nowhere near the size of this Harvey Price lookalike

Still Smiling over 'fierce's' set! So many awesome awesome tunes. Man been digging out my CDs of 'torque' & 'Acolyte' in tribute! Wicked stuff

Where did I say that?

Fair play mate, apologies for having a pop. Just hate people in the rave who think they have more right to be there than anyone else.

There has been a lot of positive feedback and some negative also so we would like to take this opportunity to comment on some of these points please:

First of all the issue of capacity – this event was not over capacity. Fire nightclub has been running for 10 years and not by flouting their legal capacity! Apart from anything else the venue would not jeopardise their licence by overcrowding, so we had strict guidelines from Fire themselves as to how many people we would be able to allow in and we tailored our ticket allocation accordingly. We had the right number of people in the venue, but unfortunately, the distribution of people across the three rooms of music was uneven. Security were posted on entry points to the rooms to assist flow, but in retrospect and with respect to all involved, we should have opted for stronger programming in The Lightbox (although in fact, the practicalities of that are a little less straightforward - we had everyone we wanted on the line-up already, or artists only wanted to play in rooms 1 or 2 etc.). Room 3 was relatively sparse for large parts of the night; had it been busier it would have helped remove the pressure on rooms 1 and 2 and a better equilibrium of all three rooms found. We have to hold our hands up on this point however – it was the first time we have used the venue on that scale and we simply got that wrong - are truly very sorry about that.

Venue security - this is a matter we take extremely seriously and we shall be speaking to the venue about all the feedback we have received. Obviously nightclub security have a very important job to do, ensuring the safety of their patrons, but that should not come at the expense of courtesy and manners; if the stories we are hearing are accurate then some answers will be required. The venue security are employed by Fire directly however, so if you feel that you were mistreated in any way, please contact them on info@conceptlondon.net as they will need to handle all enquiries directly.

Thieves – it seems that there are some cases of people having had phones/wallets stolen. There does currently appear to be an epidemic of sorts with professional thieves rife in London’s nightclubs. There is signage around the venue alerting people to this and to be vigilant but it is a big problem at the moment and whilst the screening process on the front door aims to remove this rogue element, it’s a very difficult thing to clock. If you were a victim of this please get in touch with the venue and they will do their best to assist.

This event was a collaborative effort between Basslaced & Exit Records that took months of careful planning with everything, from the whole line-up for the event, to the widespread marketing so as to reach our whole fanbase. It was a celebration of Ten years of the label and we wanted everything to be absolutely perfect. Unfortunately (and with the greatest will in the world) it wasn’t, but any suggestion that this was only about making money shows no appreciation of who we are or what we are about.

Venues are hard to come by in London at the moment and Fire is by no means the finished article but we’re working on it and we shall be looking to address the issues that have been raised here ASAP. It is however a space that was willing to give us the opportunity to take over their whole club so we could put together an event that would do this key milestone justice.

There has been a lot of positive feedback and there are some great videos of the night. A massive thank you to all of the DJs; the high quality level of music and the effort put into preparing and performing their sets was outstanding. But most of all though, we are truly grateful to all the people that came and showed support for the event and the label. Thank you and once again our sincere apologies to all of those whose enjoyment of the night was impaired.

Basslaced & Exit Records.

taken from facebook if anyone missed it

Official photos are up! Those who weren't there this is what it was like....

CLICKY

Looks like dBridge lost about 10 pounds in sweat alone and Klute has basically turned to liquid

First of all the issue of capacity – this event was not over capacity.

:orly:

this is how you had to get to the bar

483456_10151176821398078_1521706798_n.jpg

To be honest regardless of crowd/club the actual music & vibes on the night were ridiculous.

Yes it was busy but with a line up like that it has to be expected. People are just bitching about nothing.

Breakage was a joke & Fabio set at the end was like being in 1996 all over again. We need more nights like this for the people who really are into their dnb/jungle music.

Everything you have said is 100% spot on. going to exit records 10th bday and expecting plenty of room would have been silly. People on facebook are acting as if this was on a par with the Hillsborough disaster. thieves and was more of a problem for me. luckily i wasnt targeted but i always had it in the back of my mind so i was very conscious of any stray hands lingering near my pockets.
soundsystem was fine if you got near the front which i didnt find too hard at all. was almost at the front for bc and dub phizix and skeptical. ive been at far more rammed venues that that tbh. my set of the night had to be breakage in room 2. When he dropped his remix of acid rain the place went offff. Fabios set in the morning was soothing and lovely. just what the doctor ordered after the sonic assault my ears had been taking all night long. i left at about 7/8 and the sun was shining outside. everything was sweet!

all in all a fucking class night. one i wont forget in a hurry..

- - - Updated - - -

:orly:

this is how you had to get to the bar

483456_10151176821398078_1521706798_n.jpg

this reminds me...cheers strategy for kicking me in the head with ur stage dive!

all in all a fucking class night. one i wont forget in a hurry..

Without a doubt...so many highlights I can't pick my favourite moment.
When Klute played Part of Me. Oh my.

Lots of negativity over this event. Regardless this was probably one of, if not the best night raving I have ever been to.

Start of the Doc Scott set was fire. Annoyed I didn't stay for the rest of it.

oh and Nick-EP - thanks for linking me up with sam for that ticket. Shame i didnt catch u in room 2. although i could have met u. i met lots of people. i was a hot mess

There has been a lot of positive feedback and some negative also so we would like to take this opportunity to comment on some of these points please:

First of all the issue of capacity – this event was not over capacity. Fire nightclub has been running for 10 years and not by flouting their legal capacity! Apart from anything else the venue would not jeopardise their licence by overcrowding, so we had strict guidelines from Fire themselves as to how many people we would be able to allow in and we tailored our ticket allocation accordingly. We had the right number of people in the venue, but unfortunately, the distribution of people across the three rooms of music was uneven. Security were posted on entry points to the rooms to assist flow, but in retrospect and with respect to all involved, we should have opted for stronger programming in The Lightbox (although in fact, the practicalities of that are a little less straightforward - we had everyone we wanted on the line-up already, or artists only wanted to play in rooms 1 or 2 etc.). Room 3 was relatively sparse for large parts of the night; had it been busier it would have helped remove the pressure on rooms 1 and 2 and a better equilibrium of all three rooms found. We have to hold our hands up on this point however – it was the first time we have used the venue on that scale and we simply got that wrong - are truly very sorry about that.

Venue security - this is a matter we take extremely seriously and we shall be speaking to the venue about all the feedback we have received. Obviously nightclub security have a very important job to do, ensuring the safety of their patrons, but that should not come at the expense of courtesy and manners; if the stories we are hearing are accurate then some answers will be required. The venue security are employed by Fire directly however, so if you feel that you were mistreated in any way, please contact them on info@conceptlondon.net as they will need to handle all enquiries directly.

Thieves – it seems that there are some cases of people having had phones/wallets stolen. There does currently appear to be an epidemic of sorts with professional thieves rife in London’s nightclubs. There is signage around the venue alerting people to this and to be vigilant but it is a big problem at the moment and whilst the screening process on the front door aims to remove this rogue element, it’s a very difficult thing to clock. If you were a victim of this please get in touch with the venue and they will do their best to assist.

This event was a collaborative effort between Basslaced & Exit Records that took months of careful planning with everything, from the whole line-up for the event, to the widespread marketing so as to reach our whole fanbase. It was a celebration of Ten years of the label and we wanted everything to be absolutely perfect. Unfortunately (and with the greatest will in the world) it wasn’t, but any suggestion that this was only about making money shows no appreciation of who we are or what we are about.

Venues are hard to come by in London at the moment and Fire is by no means the finished article but we’re working on it and we shall be looking to address the issues that have been raised here ASAP. It is however a space that was willing to give us the opportunity to take over their whole club so we could put together an event that would do this key milestone justice.

There has been a lot of positive feedback and there are some great videos of the night. A massive thank you to all of the DJs; the high quality level of music and the effort put into preparing and performing their sets was outstanding. But most of all though, we are truly grateful to all the people that came and showed support for the event and the label. Thank you and once again our sincere apologies to all of those whose enjoyment of the night was impaired.

Basslaced & Exit Records.

taken from facebook if anyone missed it

I say fair play to em.
You put on a big night, you expect it to be rammed and anywhere where theres people packed together tightly will attract thieves.

Suck it up, its called a rave. Its supposed to be packed and have dodgy characters in there.

I say fair play to em.
You put on a big night, you expect it to be rammed and anywhere where theres people packed together tightly will attract thieves.

Suck it up, its called a rave. Its supposed to be packed and have dodgy characters in there.

exactly. an awful lot of sand in vagina

oh and Nick-EP - thanks for linking me up with sam for that ticket. Shame i didnt catch u in room 2. although i could have met u. i met lots of people. i was a hot mess

No probs man. Yea I was looking out for you in room 2. Stayed in there all night as it was impossible to move about over in room 1. Wicked night anyway! It's going to be a long time before I hear all that good music in one night again. Got some videos of Doc Scott drawing for some exclusives, I'll upload em later on ;)

I wish I'd seen Doc Scott. But bad company were the reason I went. Never mind! He is playing at that genesis night there too isn't he?

Back
Top Bottom