Exit 10

What a night! Wicked music all night but first i must complain about the venue, as Moog said the layout is the worst i have ever seen in a club. No signs anywhere and having to go across the main dancefloor to get to the garden to leave your coat and go to the other rooms was a joke.
Also the sound system in room 1 was ridiculous, not loud enough and sounded shit with just waffled bass and no real treble to feel the tunes. Room 2 however was absolutely banging! Wicked sound system and shaking subs! The crowd was brilliant and i met a few top people. Fantastic attitude all night.

Now that is out of the way let's talk about the music! I had a fantastic night and went to room 2 to hear the last half hour of Amit who was playing an Ableton set and it was superb, the bass of Digital's 'Gateman' was shaking the floor and some absolute belters followed including 'Swastika'.

Breakage was next and wow what a set! As already mentioned he played a blinder. Tune after tune after tune, the chopped amens, the bass, it was too much! My highlight was 'Prophecy' and 'Acid rain vip' which are 2 of my fav Breakage tunes. 'Ras 78' also got rinsed and i loved every minute of this set.

Bad company were immense, certainly bought back memories as i still remember picking up 'The pulse' from my local shop all those years ago and to finally see them again was fantastic. Classic after classic got played and my highlights being

The Pulse
4 Days
Brainscan
Oxygen
Nitrous
The Nine

And at the end there was 'Bullet time' mixed with another 2 tunes & this sounded sick! A great set full of great memories just let down by the sound system sadly.

I then proceeded to room 2 to hear my fav set of the night 'Fierce NO U TURN SET!! Man he is a absolute genius! Proper dubplate business vinyl mix and his mixing was absolutely stunning! He also looked to be enjoying going back in time! So so many tech classics got rinsed and i was going nuts! And let me say you can't beat the sound of vinyl! So many classics got rinsed and here are some of them

Mothership
Guncheck
Liberty 1
Locust
Neutron
What's up
Whales
Bloodclot artattak
Coffee
Force is electric
Mutant

Man this was one of the best sets i had ever heard, Breakage was also enjoying this and stayed for the duration. Fierce is a don when it comes to mixing and he really needs to play out more often again.

That was the night for me and i left about 0530, shame i missed Doc Scott, Fabio & Calibre but the best lineup ever and a night i really enjoyed bar the sound and layouts (room 1)

looked mental

didnt make it thanks to a broken down train :(

but the crowd complaints are definitely easing the pain slightly lol

shouldve taken over all 3 rooms at fabric really...

Incredible night, BC set was so fucking good. Glad I witnessed it. The club was fucking rammo though!!! I'd never been there before so kept getting lost for the first few hours and the stupid fucking one way system didnt help. It would have been so much better with 500 less people I think.

Anyone hit the after party?

Managed to see all of dbridge, bit of calibre, bit of loxy b2b jubei, bit of klute, bit of flight, bouncers blocked both entrances for the first half of BC's set so couldnt get in, spent half an hour trying then went and saw 15 minutes of doc scott and then managed to catch the end of BC. Wicked night, cost me way to much money all in all though.

packed in like a sardines has never been for me either. Looks crazy rammed im not even bothered I missed it

did fresh show up the cont

The crowd was no reason to leave this event early. It was stupid good. Tunes that you won't hear played out ever again.
Yeah, it was crowded, it was always going to be, but the crowd -other than the over friendly wreckheads, was fine. The thieves / bouncers were more of an issue for me.
Breakage was my stand out set. Doc Scott was ridiculous and Amit was surprisingly good, considering his underwhelming sets I've seen recently. Unfortunately felt bored by Loxy and Jubei and that's not something that I say lightly.
It will be one of the best nights I'll go to this year I'm sure. EVERYONE was there and basically if you weren't, you can try and pretend not to be jealous because of bad reports about crowd etc, but if the sets got recorded / get released I'm sure you'll be green pretty quickly.

Epic music no doubt, but otherwise not my idea of fun. Still had a good time but only cos we decided to just prop up the bar outside (smoking area bar=saving grace) for most of it chatting our fraff.. It got much better towards the end when people started emptying out though.

Last edited:
Yea Sweetpea I think I saw you a couple of times.. I saw you at the hardware night I was with Gumby.

Looking back I have no complaints about the night.

How was D Bridge's set?

Amazing set. Started off deep and built the set up and up until Belleview Remix was dropped and the place went apeshit. Shortly after True Romance was dropped and I witnessed one of the most insane reloads ever.

He ended on Mr Malcontent from his first album. Beautiful BEAUTIFUL tune to end the set.

I managed to catch all the Calibre, dBridge, Doc Scott, Klute & Intalex sets. Sound during the Calibre set was abysmal. Really poor. Though he did drop a tune with vox from his new album which sounded beautiful.

If anyone was there during the Doc Scott set, you will know what I mean when I say that the Unofficial Ghost VIP & Terminator remix dubs he brought out for Exit were INSANE. Especially the latter, it's like the original Terminator, but completely fucking twisted as hell. HOWEVER, Marcus Intalex played for a little longer and when it was a little less packed. He dropped some real bangers. I need an ID on one.

Venue was poor. Too many tickets, oversold, greed, etc etc etc (see Facebook for the general consensus on this). For those who say that we shouldn't moan because we were there, trust me, it wasn't a fun experience being in a venue like that. Basslaced were deleting negative posts from their event page reportedly. Not a good look. Place was dangerous man. At least with places like Fabric/Cable, there is space to filter out when it gets packed, here it didn't. You can tolerate the rammo-ness at those venues. Here you couldn't. You know if there's a queue for the guys toilets at a dance, something ain't right.

- - - Updated - - -

Need an ID on this. Really obvious but I can't get it. Pretty sure it's Calibre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't comment on the night as I wasn't there - but you can't complain on something being 'oversold' if there's 3 rooms of music on offer and 3 rooms worth of people want to fit into 1 room. Just my 2 pence as I see it and have experienced it on other nights alike...

The amount of people in that fucking place was retarded. I had to fight my way in to room one most of the night and when I got in there for the start of BC i just told anyone near me to fuck off. I soon got a fair bit of space. Hearing them play Four Days and Oxygen was unreal and when they drew for The Nine. Dear lord...

A great night and wicked lineup but that overcrowding takes a bit of the shine off it for me personally. You can't really pretend that many people crammed into that venue was ok no matter how good the tunes were cos its detracts from the enjoyment slightly

Can't comment on the night as I wasn't there - but you can't complain on something being 'oversold' if there's 3 rooms of music on offer and 3 rooms worth of people want to fit into 1 room. Just my 2 pence as I see it and have experienced it on other nights alike...

That's an interesting point. Didn't think of it that way.

Back
Top Bottom